PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS
Scallops have a reputation for being hard to cook correctly, but this recipe is really fast, easy, and oh so tasty. The key is high heat for the sear, a good nonstick pan, and clarified butter. Pairs well with risotto.
Provided by Brian Genest
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place scallops in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine 5 tablespoons warm butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, remove scallops from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, making sure it does not smoke. Brush scallops with garlic mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to sear and turn golden, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops, brush with garlic mixture, and cook another 2 minutes. Remove scallops from the heat and let them continue to cook while they rest, off the heat, for 5 more minutes. Plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 232.4 mg, Fat 52.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 31.7 g, Sodium 1647.9 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
SPICY MANGO SCALLOPS
This sweet and spicy seafood combo gives off enough heat to make the whole family warm up to its great flavors! Be sure to buy the larger sea scallops for this recipe; cooking times would be off for the smaller bay scallops. -Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan., Add onion to same pan; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in chutney., Return scallops to pan; heat through, stirring gently to coat. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY GARLIC-LEMON SCALLOPS
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque.
- Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into butter. Pour sauce over scallops to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 152.4 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ROASTED-GARLIC SABAYON
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut top 1/4 inch off heads of garlic to expose cloves. Place garlic heads on large sheet of foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over garlic and wrap loosely but completely in foil; place packet directly on oven rack and roast until very soft, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic from skins into bowl. Using fork, mash roasted garlic until smooth.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. For sea scallops: Sear half at a time until brown and just opaque in center, about 1 minute per side. For bay scallops: Sauté half at a time until opaque, stirring frequently, about 1 1/2 minutes per batch. Transfer to plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring clam juice and vermouth to boil in small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Whisk egg yolks and 2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree in large metal bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in clam juice mixture. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water) and whisk until sabayon is thick and creamy and thermometer registers 160°F, about 3 minutes. Remove bowl from over water. Whisk in parsley, tarragon, and chives. Season sabayon with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula among 4 warm plates; place scallops atop arugula. Spoon sabayon over scallops and serve.
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE
- Cook asparagus in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add onion; stir 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sake, hon-dashi and cayenne; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium skillet over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet and sauté until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus and toss until heated through, about 1 minute. Add sauce and simmer 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 plates and serve.
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC SAUCE
Make and share this Baked Scallops With Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Asha1126
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wipe scallops with damp paper towel. Mash garlic cloves, add to butter, and stir well to blend. Keep warm.
- Pour a little of the melted garlic sauce into the bottom of a baking dish, add the mushrooms and season with onion salt and black pepper. Place the scallops on top of the mushrooms. Reserve 1 tablespoon garlic sauce and drizzle the rest on scallops.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and reserved garlic sauce.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven until the top is nicely browned and bubbly hot, for about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.4, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 86.9, Sodium 534.8, Carbohydrate 13.1, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.4, Protein 31.7
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY SPICY SAUCE
Provided by Julia Moskin
Yield 4 first-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- For scallops: Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cut each scallop horizontally into 4 equal slices. Cut off roots of mushrooms and divide mushrooms into four equal portions, arranging them on a pie plate or other shallow baking dish. Spread scallops evenly over them, overlapping them if necessary. Bake until about half-cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- For creamy spicy sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar and sriracha or sambal. Mix well.
- To finish and serve: Remove scallops from oven and spread evenly with sauce. Return scallops to oven and bake until surface is lightly browned in places, about 6 more minutes. Place equal portions of mushrooms and scallops on each of four plates; serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 222, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 455 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE
Matsuhisa in Beverly Hills is as famous for its cooked Japanese fish dishes as it is for its stellar sushi. This scallop dish is a perfect example.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Note: Japanese bonito-type soup stock granules; sold at Asian markets.
- Cook asparagus in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion; stir 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sake, hon-dashi and cayenne; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium skillet over high heat.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops to skillet and saute until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and toss until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add sauce and simmer 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 plates and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.8, Fat 23.7, SaturatedFat 14.8, Cholesterol 79.1, Sodium 2517.8, Carbohydrate 17.5, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.8, Protein 15.5
People also searched
More about "scallops with spicy garlic sauce recipes"
GARLIC SCALLOPS (IN YUMMY GARLIC SAUCE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 15 minsCategory American RecipesCalories 236 per serving
- Rinse the scallops with cold water and remove the tough ligament from the side of the scallops. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium to high heat. When it's fully heated, add the olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic for a little bit and add the scallops, pan-sear until both surfaces turn brown. Add the white wine, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Bring it to a light simmer or until the inside of the scallops are cooked through. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
10 BEST SEAFOOD SAUCES FOR SCALLOPS RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST GARLIC SCALLOPS NOODLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
SCALLOPS WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY SPICY SAUCE - RASA MALAYSIA
22 BEST SCALLOP RECIPES | HOW TO SERVE SCALLOPS FOR DINNER TONIGHT ...
Reviews 600Author By
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
THE 25 BEST SCALLOP RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SCALLOPS IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE RECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS IN LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - THE BETTERED BLONDIE
SPICY SCALLOPS IN RED SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY SCALLOPS RECIPES
AMAZING CREAMY TUSCAN GARLIC SCALLOPS - THE RECIPE CRITIC
SPICY SCALLOPS WITH CAPELLINI RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
SPICY HONEY GARLIC SCALLOPS - CARMY - EASY HEALTHY-ISH RECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CREAMY GARLIC SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
BAY SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH CAJUN SEASONINGS - THE SPRUCE …
THE BEST 10 MINUTE PAN SEARED THAI CHILI SCALLOPS RECIPE - SWEET …
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE- WIKIFOODHUB
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER
SPICY PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
SCALLOPS WITH SPICE OIL RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GREEN SAUCE RECIPE - FISHEX
SPICY GARLIC SAUCE SCALLOPS - COOKEATSHARE
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
SPICY SCALLOPS WITH CAPELLINI RECIPES
SPICY BAKED SCALLOPS RECIPE | EMERIL LAGASSE - COOKING CHANNEL
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE BEST RECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC PASTA - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
SCALLOPS IN SPAGHETTI SAUCE BEST RECIPES
MAKE SPICY SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CHILE-GARLIC SPINACH IN 20 MINUTES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - A SASSY SPOON
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic Sauce188K views-04:50
Seared Scallops with Garlic Butter sauce - Simple Recipe in 5 minutes119K views-05:05
Seared Scallops with Buttery, Lemon, Garlic Sauce296 views-03:00
Shrimp and scallops in Garlic sauce8.1K views-07:12
Garlic Parsley Scallops Recipe - Scallop Appetizer with Garlic Butter Sauce358K views-04:42
Seared Scallops with Garlic Basil Butter - How to Cook Scallops Perfectly255K views-02:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best scallop recipes?One of the best scallop recipes is garlic scallops where fresh sea scallops are sauteed with garlic butter wine sauce. Quick and easy recipe that takes 15 mins from start to finish. How to Cook Scallops?
How to cook spaghetti squash sauce with scallops?DIRECTIONS Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat; add the garlic, parsley, scallions (or green onions), wine, salt and pepper. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Add the scallops; simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove cover; stir in the cream. Continuing heating, but do not boil, stirring constantly until sauce begins to thicken.
How to cook scallops on the stove?Saute the garlic for a little bit and add the scallops, pan-sear until both surfaces turn brown. Add the white wine, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Bring it to a light simmer or until the inside of the scallops are cooked through. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
What is the best way to clean scallops?One of the best scallop recipes is garlic scallops where fresh sea scallops are sauteed with garlic butter wine sauce. Quick and easy recipe that takes 15 mins from start to finish. Rinse the scallops with cold water and remove the tough ligament from the side of the scallops. Pat dry with paper towels.