SEARED SCALLOPS WITH TRUFFLED POTATO CELERY ROOT PUREE
- Melt the unsalted butter in a medium (10-inch) saute pan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned. Add the potatoes, celery root, heavy cream, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to very low, cover the pan, and simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Be careful?don't let the vegetables scorch on the bottom of the pan!
- In two batches, pour the leek and potato mixture into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until coarsely pureed. Return the puree to the saute pan, stir in the truffle butter, taste for seasonings, and keep warm over very low heat. If the puree gets too thick, add a little more heavy cream.
- If it hasn't already been removed, peel off the tough strip of muscle on the side of each scallop. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season them generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large (12-inch) saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the grapeseed oil and, when the oil is almost smoking hot, add the scallops in a single layer. Cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes, until golden brown on the bottoms. Don't crowd the scallops or they'll steam rather than sear. Using a small metal spatula, turn the scallops and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until just cooked through.
- Spoon the warm puree onto 3 dinner plates. Place the scallops on the puree, drizzle with the basil oil, and sprinkle with the chives. Serve warm.
For a seafood supper tonight, try Alton Brown's foolproof Seared Scallops recipe. The trick is to add a touch of butter to the pan for a golden sear.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center. Serve immediately.
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, oregano, thyme and lemon pepper. Roll scallops in flour mixture until lightly coated on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over high heat. Add 4 scallops to the pan and sear on all sides (about 2 minutes for each side). After turning scallops, add 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Remove scallops from pan and place on a plate in the oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Repeat until remaining scallops are cooked, tossing each batch with parsley and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 19.8 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1250.8 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
More about "seared scallops on cauliflower puree with root beer gastrique with roasted baby carrot recipes"
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE …
5/5 (50)Calories 232 per serving
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
- Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Serve puree with scallops.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE - THE DIZZY COOK
5/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 151 per serving
- The chive oil can be made ahead (which I highly recommend). Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree till fully blended. Set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare the scallops by patting with a paper towel, lightly salting one side, and placing them between 2 paper towels. Lightly press down on the paper towels. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Dry off any excess moisture
- Meanwhile heat ghee in a large skillet (I like a non stick here) on medium high heat. You want the pan to be very hot so you'll get a nice sear right away. It's also good to space them out so they each have their own space, even if it means doing in batches. If placed too close, they will steam instead of sear. Add the scallops and leave them for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Check one to see if a nice crust has formed. If so, turn and leave them for about 60-90 seconds more. *a splatter screen is wonderful in this step*
SEARED SCALLOPS ON CAULIFLOWER PUREE - EVERY LAST BITE
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 235 per serving
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE - SPRINKLES AND …
3.7/5 (7)Calories 422 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | PALEO LEAP
CARAMELISED SCALLOPS ON CAULIFLOWER PURéE WITH PANCETTA
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER, CAPERS AND RAISINS
SCALLOPS, CAULIFLOWER PURéE AND CURRY OIL RECIPE - RAYMOND BLANC OBE
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER | WHOLESOME YUM
BEST SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SEARED …
19 SCALLOP RECIPES FOR A RESTAURANT-QUALITY DINNER AT …
PALEO SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER PURéE - COOKING …
RICH AND NUTTY ROASTED-CAULIFLOWER PURéE RECIPE
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS AND CAULIFLOWER PURéE A RECIPE
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS & ROASTED CAULIFLOWER - THE PERFECT PUREE OF …
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER & SPINACH PURéE - PRIMALGOURMET
SMOOTH AND SILKY CAULIFLOWER PURéE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED HOKKAIDO SCALLOPS WITH COLOURFUL CAULIFLOWERS
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE - SONOMA-CUTRER …
SEARED SCALLOPS ON CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH ROOT BEER …
You'll also love