SPICY ZUCCHINI, PEPPER AND POTATO SOUP
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Char sweet frying pepper over open flame on stovetop or under hot broiler with oven door cracked to allow steam to escape. Once the skin is evenly charred and blackened all-over, place the pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic until pepper is cool enough to handle. Wipe or scrape the char off the pepper removing the skins. Seed the pepper and thinly slice.
- Heat 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil ripples, add the zucchini, chiles, frying peppers, onions, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and saute the vegetables until tender-crisp, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes and roasted peppers and allow the tomatoes to breakdown a few minutes. Stir in enough stock to desired consistency - as thin or thick as you like.
- Cool completely and store for make-ahead meal.
- Reheat over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Serve in shallow bowls with shredded or torn sweet basil and crusty, warm bread.
SPICY SWEET POTATO SOUP
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and lime zest. Set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender. If using a counter top blender, puree in small batches, filling the blender just a bit past half way to avoid spillage. Whisk peanut butter into the soup, and heat through. Stir in lime juice, and salt.
- Ladle into warm bowls, and top with a dollop of the reserved sour cream, a few pieces of diced tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Cholesterol 10.5 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 462.2 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
SWEET AND SPICY SWEET POTATO SOUP
A creamy fall soup that's easy to make any time of year. The earthiness of the sweet potato is balanced with tart apples, spicy ginger, and touch of zesty lime. If desired, garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream, some chopped cilantro, and a few sweet, spicy nuts. A Thanksgiving favorite that's a kid favorite year-round. Freezes well!
Provided by Julie Julie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; cook and stir shallots in the hot oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir apples, ginger, zest from 1 lime, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper into the pot. Reserve lime juice. Cook and stir mixture until apples are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into pot; add sweet potatoes and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir reserved lime juice into soup. Garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.2 calories, Carbohydrate 39.8 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 1189.3 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
SPICY SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEA SOUP
I love hearty, healthy entree soups, and a bowl of this southwestern sweet potato-soup really satisfies. I add a can of chickpeas for protein, making it ideal for an easy dinner. And it reheats and even freezes beautifully, so I often make a double batch. -Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in spices. Add potatoes, chickpeas, stock and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes., Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan and heat through. Top with bacon, green onions and, if desired, cheese.Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little stock or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 880mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
SPICY SWEET POTATO RED PEPPER SOUP
This soup is so complex, looks so pretty served and is so simple to make. Who would think it's SO healthy! I made it at home after having it several times at a local fine dining restaurant. I took a stab at making it without a recipe and it turned out great!
Provided by LindseyCockrell
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- After sweet potatoes are boiled, drain, put back into dutch oven or large pot, add stock.
- Add diced roasted red bell peppers (roast your own if you like), butter & sauteed onion to potatoes & broth mixture.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender (or regular blender).
- Season to taste, adding sugar if you think you need it.
- Serve in bowls, adding about a tablespoon of goat cheese to each serving.
- Drizzle each bowl with a little hot chili oil, which you can find in asian markets.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.6, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 14.1, Sodium 2135.2, Carbohydrate 22.6, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 6.1, Protein 6.3
People also searched
More about "spicy sweet potato and red pepper soup recipes"
SWEET POTATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP - KEEPING THE PEAS
5/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 139 per serving
- Bring a 5 qt pot of water to a boil. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Chop the carrots, red pepper, and onion. When water comes to a boil, add sweet potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots and sweet potatoes are soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- While sweet potatoes and carrots are boiling. Sauté onions in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth until softened. Add red peppers and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- When sweet potatoes and carrots are done, drain water, and add to the pot with the onions and red peppers. Pour the remainder of the vegetable stock (3 3/4 cup) over the vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. If using an immersion blender. Puree the soup until smooth. If using a high speed blender, pour the contents of the pot into the blender and puree until smooth.
SWEET POTATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP - GREEDY GOURMET
Reviews 2Category StarterCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- Arrange the onions, garlic, sweet potatoes and peppers in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 35 minutes. If everything isn’t cooked and tender, cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Place the vegetables with the stock and smoked paprika in a food processor and blend until silky smooth.
SPICY THAI SWEET POTATO SOUP - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
30-MINUTE SPICY SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER …
SPICY ROASTED SWEET POTATO & RED PEPPERS RECIPE …
SYN FREE SPICY SWEET POTATO, RED PEPPER AND CARROT SOUP …
4.4/5 (104)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 100 per serving
SPICY RED PEPPER SOUP WITH LENTILS RECIPE - WOMAN AND HOME …
SWEET POTATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SPICY SWEET POTATO, RED PEPPER AND CARROT SOUP
RED PEPPER AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - ROMY LONDON | EASY RECIPES
SWEET POTATO PEPPER SOUP - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SWEET POTATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP | BITES OF WELLNESS
13 SATISFYING SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
SPICY RED LENTIL AND SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE
SWEET POTATO RED PEPPER AND CHILLI SOUP - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SWEET AND SPICY PORK AND NAPA CABBAGE STIR-FRY WITH SPICY NOODLES
SWEET POTATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP SLOW COOKER
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup November 20181.7K views-07:47
Spicy Sweet Potato Coconut Soup | Curried Sweet Potato Soup | Vegan Recipes610 views-08:06
Spicy Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup - Its super comforting soup7.3K views-03:28
Sunny Spiced Sweet Potato Soup4.4K views-01:43
Spiced Sweet Potato and Pepper Soup785 views-04:56
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE | EASY VEGAN RECIPES61K views-07:45
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make sweet potato soup?Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender.
What is the best way to cook sweet potato and garlic?Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil.
How to cook sweet potatoes and peppers in the oven?Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1-2 inch cubes. Slice the red bell pepper into 1 inch strips. Chop the onion into 8 equal sized cubes. Place the veggies on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or silicone liner). Bake the veggies at 400F for 30 minutes.
What is the best Pepper for sweet potato and red pepper soup?This sweet potato and red pepper soup calls for a dash of smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper. The smoked paprika gives the soup its intense flavour. You may even opt for hot smoked paprika if you want even more heat; in which case my recommendation is to hold back on the cayenne pepper.