SWISS CHEESE BREAD
This bread will receive rave reviews, whether you serve it as an appetizer or with a meal. For real convenience, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it! -Karla Boice, Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut bread in half crosswise. Make diagonal cuts, 1 in. apart, through bread but not through bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices. Spread remaining mixture over top and sides of bread., Place bread on double thickness of foil; cover loosely with more foil. Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes. For last 5 minutes, remove foil covering bread to allow it to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 231mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
SWISS CHEESE MUSHROOM BREAD
This recipe doctors up store-bought bread into a wonderful, tasty mini loaf. You can pull it apart into bite-size pieces. More Mushroom Bread Recipes »
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. In a bowl, combine the butter, poppy seeds, onion, mustard, salt and lemon juice. Drizzle over cut bread and into cut slits. Place mushrooms and cheese in slits. Wrap bread in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until warmed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 402mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
SWISS CHEESE SOUFFLé BREAD
Homemade yeast bread boasts the aroma and flavors of garlic and Swiss cheese.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast. In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup butter, the water and milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, until very warm (120°F to 130°F). Pour over flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended. Beat in egg on medium speed; continue beating 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour, the Swiss cheese and garlic. (If dough is sticky, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons additional flour.) Cover; let rise in warm place about 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Grease 1-quart casserole with shortening or cooking spray. Stir down dough; shape into a ball. Place in casserole. Brush top with softened butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Cover; let rise in warm place about 35 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. (If using fast-acting yeast, do not let rise 35 minutes; cover and let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. (If loaf browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil during last 15 minutes of baking.) Immediately remove from casserole to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Slice, Sodium 80 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
DILL SWISS CHEESE BREAD
Make and share this Dill Swiss Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by dicentra
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine pancake mix, sugar, onion and dill. Stir in milk, egg and oil until combined.
- Fold in cheese.
- Spread dough into a bread pan prepared with cooking spray.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
SWISS CHEESE GARLIC BREAD
I am not sure where this recipe comes from. It's been stuck in the back of my recipe box and found it while cleaning it recently and have started making it. It is sooo good. Hope you all like it too!
Provided by Deanne Dyer
Categories Other Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl, except the bread.
- 2. Trim off top and side crusts, leaving only the bottom crust. Cut bread into slices, leaving the bottom of loaf attached.
- 3. Spread butter mixture in between slices, then frost the top and sides of loaf with the remaining mixture.
- 4. Wrap in foil and bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil for the last 5 minutes. Enjoy!
SWISS CHEESE BREAD
The delicious taste of Swiss cheese fills every portion of this tasty bread. Perfect with a bowl of hot soup on a cold winter day. Full Recipe: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2275
Provided by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine rolls. Add both cheeses and work into the dough well.
- Form into a loaf and place in a sprayed 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Allow to rise to the top of the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Cover with foil after 25 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.5, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 30, Sodium 743.3, Carbohydrate 68.6, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 7.5, Protein 21.3
SWISS CHEESE BREAD
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by yooper
Yield 18-24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim top and side crusts from bread, leaving bottom crust intact.
- Make diagonal cuts, 1 inch thick, through the bread but not through the bottom.
- Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices.
- Use remaining mixture to frost top and sides of bread.
- Place bread in foil boat; cover loosely with another sheet of foil.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-30 minutes.
- For last 5 minutes, remove foil to allow bread to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.4, Fat 14.3, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 38.1, Sodium 250.3, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.3, Protein 5.6
SWISS CHEESE RYE BREAD
A yeast-raised sourdough that includes rye flour and Swiss cheese, a favorite combination of mine. Prep time includes resting times.
Provided by Red_Apple_Guy
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 1.5 lb loaf, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the ingredients except cheese,.
- knead for 2 or 3 min, stretch and fold (letter style, top to bottom, bottom to top and from side to side without tearing) and place in oiled straight-sided clear container.
- Stretch and fold after 15 minutes, cover and rest for another 15 minutes. Stretch and fold once more and return to container.
- Cover container and place in fridge.
- When twice the volume (3 hours) lightly flatten, cover and allow to warrn about 1 hour.
- spread cheese on top and roll into desired shape.
- Preheat oven and an empty pan to 400F, adding water to the pan when oven is up to temperature.
- 45 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- bake for 12 min and rotate loaves, removing pan.
- bake for 15 min more until 205 internally.
- Cool on rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.9, Fat 5.3, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 16.1, Sodium 374.1, Carbohydrate 26.4, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 0.4, Protein 8.5
More about "swiss cheese bread recipes"
SWISS ONION RYE LOAF RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsServings 24Calories 90 per serving
- To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Combine all of the dough ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — mixing and kneading to form a smooth and shiny dough., Place the dough into a greased bowl, turn to coat, and cover., Place it in a warm spot to rise for 1 to 2 hours, until the dough has expanded by at least a third., Lightly grease (or line with parchment) a baking sheet., To assemble the loaf: Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased or floured surface, then pat it out into a 12" square., Sprinkle the dough with the onions and cheese., Fold it into thirds (like a letter) to enclose the onions and cheese., Form it into a 15" to 16" fat baguette — in other words, a bâtard. (Or divide and shape it into two smaller loaves)., Place the loaf/loaves on the baking sheet, and cover lightly with greased plastic wrap or a dough cover., Allow the bread to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in size., To bake the bread: Toward the end of the rise, preheat the oven to 400°F., Just before placing the bread into the
- Bread is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 190°F., Store the bread, well-wrapped, at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
EASY SWISS CHEESE BREAD • FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE
5/5 (1)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
SWISS CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY SAVORY CHEESE BREAD - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
EASY CHEESY PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE - TASTE OF HOME
CHEESE BREAD (QUICK BREAD) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SWISS BRAIDED BREAD - LITTLE BROKEN
SIMPLY PERFECT HOMEMADE CHEESE BREAD - SEASONS AND …
5/5 (98)Calories 237 per servingCategory Bread
- In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, salt and sugar* together. (Tip: If measuring your flour in cups, without a scale, hold back 1 cup to add as needed later). *If you're using honey or agave, add with the liquid ingredients instead.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine the water and buttermilk and whisk in the yeast until dissolved. Add this mixture, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients. Mix by hand or with a dough hook, until the mixture is combined, about 2 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Continue mixing the dough, adding more flour or water, as needed, until the dough becomes soft, smooth and tacky, but not sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes, then form dough into a ball. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and either refrigerate for up to 4 days, or allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in size (about 60-90 minutes). (*Tip: I like to use an 8-cup glass measuring cup, so it's easy to see when it's doubled by the markings).
HOMEMADE CHEESE BREAD - EXTRA SOFT - SALLY'S BAKING …
4.9/5 (258)Category Bread
OPEN-FACED MUSHROOM AND SWISS SANDWICH RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
THIS 2-INGREDIENT UPGRADE IS WHAT MY GRILLED CHEESE WAS MISSING …
FRENCH ONION CHICKEN CASSEROLE - REAL HOUSEMOMS
30 DELICIOUS TRADITIONAL SWISS RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
ROMANIAN GRIDDLE BREADS WITH CHEESE AND HONEY
THIS POPULAR COTTAGE CHEESE BREAD IS ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL—AND …
SWISS BATTER BREAD – BAKER RECIPES
SAVORY CHEDDAR CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
20 BEST CHEESE BREAD RECIPES (ALL TYPES) - HOME STRATOSPHERE
15 BEST BREADS FOR GRILLED CHEESE (THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE)
BREAD FOR SWISS CHEESE? CROSSWORD CLUE ANSWERS, CROSSWORD SOLVER
CHEESY SWISS & MUSHROOM PULL-APART BREAD - URBAN FOODIE KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #appetizers #breads #lunch #side-dishes #snacks #eggs-dairy #oven #dinner-party #cheese #dietary #comfort-food #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings
CHEESE BREAD Delicious Fluffy! | Ninik Becker578K views-05:36
CHEESE BREAD Recipe | Cheese Streusel Bread278.7K views-06:12
BABY SWISS GRILLED CHEESE WITH A SWEET SURPRISE380 views-03:43
Only One Proof Cheese Bread So Easy To Make You Won't Buy Bread Anymore170.8K views-04:33
Garlic Mozzarella Cheese Bread2.6M views-05:03
You'll also love