EGGPLANT TOMATO BAKE
This is a simple, easy and low-fat recipe.
Provided by CADEAUX
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick oil spray. Arrange eggplant rounds on the cookie sheet and sprinkle Parmesan over the eggplant. Layer one slice of tomato on top of each eggplant round. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 105.3 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
ITALIAN EGGPLANT TOMATO BAKE
Eggplant, tomato, and cheeses are layered, baked, then served over pasta. An easy and delicious Italian meal.
Provided by MBC
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Shake to mix. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. There should be enough oil to thinly coat the bottom of the skillet. Dip the eggplant slices in egg, then place in the bag and shake to coat. Fry the slices in the skillet until golden brown on each side. Remove, and drain on paper towels.
- Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover with the eggplant slices, then top with more sauce. Mix together the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread over the eggplant. Spread sauce over the cheese, and top with tomato slices. Cover with more sauce, and spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Serve the eggplant tomato bake over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.9 calories, Carbohydrate 77.6 g, Cholesterol 130.2 mg, Fat 21.6 g, Fiber 9.8 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 1031.9 mg, Sugar 14 g
EGGPLANT AND TOMATO CASSEROLE
This is a delicious, easy-to-make, vegetarian casserole! Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. There are a million variations and additions that you can make to this recipe! Be creative!
Provided by LPATTERSON1978
Categories Side Dish Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Season the eggplant slices with salt, and let stand for about 10 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the eggplant slices on each side.
- Place a layer of the eggplant slices in an 8 inch square baking dish or casserole dish. Place some tomato slices over the eggplant, and then a few slices of onion. Repeat layers until you run out of eggplant. Pour balsamic vinegar over everything. In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread in a layer over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown and the eggplant is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.6 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 212.6 mg, Sugar 12.3 g
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA PASTA BAKE
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season aggressively with salt. Add the rigatoni and cook 3 minutes less than the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the eggplant and tomatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on the baking sheet and roast until the eggplant is golden brown and tomatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. (Leave the oven on.)
- Toss the rigatoni with the eggplant, tomatoes, about 1/4 cup pasta water and the marinara sauce in a large bowl. If it looks dry, add the remaining pasta water. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Transfer the pasta to the baking dish and top with the remaining cup mozzarella and the Parmesan and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. (Turn the broiler on at the end if you want the cheese to brown more.) Garnish with additional Parmesan and the chopped basil and serve.
TOMATO EGGPLANT BAKE
Cheesy and delicious, this casserole features a crisp crumb topping. It's a good meatless entree for a summer-time meal.-Faye Wortman, Evansville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. , Preheat oven to 450°. Layer eggplant, tomato and onion in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with basil. Cover and bake 20 minutes. , Toss bread crumbs and remaining butter. Arrange mozzarella cheese over vegetables; sprinkle with crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calories, Fat 18g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 318mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
Great baked vegetable side dish with slices of eggplant and tomato seasoned with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
Provided by JEZZI16
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking dish with non-stick play.
- Arrange eggplant and tomato slices into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables; season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the entire mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is beginning to brown, about 30 minutes. Switch oven broiler to high; continue baking until completely browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.9 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 71.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
BAKED PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND EGGPLANT
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. (Make sure your oven is clean!) Place three (6-inch) gratin dishes on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water, add a tablespoon of salt, and add the pasta. If you're using one type of pasta, cook it for 1 to 2 minutes less than the directions on the package. If you're using two kinds of pasta, start with the one that cooks longest and add the second later so they finish at the same time. You want the pasta to be quite al dente. Drain.
- Pour the Tomato and Eggplant Soup into a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, the mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper and toss well. Divide the mixture evenly among the three gratin dishes, dot the tops with the butter, and bake for 10 minutes, until hot and bubbly and the pasta begins to brown. Sprinkle each dish with 1 tablespoon of the remaining Parmesan, bake for another 4 minutes, and serve hot.
- Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a medium (10 to 11-inch) pot or Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, over medium heat. Add the eggplant and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add a little more olive oil if the eggplant is sticking.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot, add the onions and fennel, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring often. Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, fennel seeds, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper. Pour the can of whole tomatoes, including the liquid, into a food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Add the tomatoes and the liquid to the pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasonings. Serve hot in large bowls sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
EGGPLANT AND TOMATO BAKE
I got this recipe from the side panel of a jar of Ian's Italian Whole Wheat Panko Crumbs. I have to say I really enjoyed this recipe. I changed a few things to suit my tastes however. I added soy sour cream instead of yogurt. The creamy taste of the sour cream with the tomato was really delicious. I used a 12 oz. tub of tofutti sour cream. I found that to be enough. I used grated Romano Cheese. It has a stronger flavour then the Parmesan which we like better. I also used a can of Fire Roasted whole tomatoes for this as I love the flavour. I pureed them in my Magic Bullet. I used herbs from my garden that I'd dried and I also added a tsp of dried thyme which is one of my favourite herbs.
Provided by Chef Joey Z.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut the eggplants into 1/4 inch slices, lightly salt. Let sit for 30 minutes to release the bitter taste.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, saute your garlic and onions in the olive oil over low heat.
- This step took a long time, I spent about 35 minutes doing the above step. When the onion/garlic combo are golden and soft then its ready.
- Add the herbs, tomato puree, water, salt and pepper to the onion/garlic mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplant with water and then steam. The recipe didn't say how long to steam so I did it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then preheat your oven to 350'F. Grease a 9x13x2 inch casserole dish. I used spray oil.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the tomato puree onto the bottom of the oiled pan. It doesn't seem like much, but its good enough.
- Layer 1/3 of the steamed eggplant, 1/3 of the tomato puree, and 1/3 of the yogurt. Repeat the layers and end with eggplant and then tomato puree.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Then, uncover and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Bon Appetit!
More about "tomato eggplant bake recipes"
EGGPLANT, CHEESE & TOMATO BAKE - AMERICAN HEART …
Servings 8Calories 161 per serving
GRANDMA’S EGGPLANT TOMATO BAKE | 12 TOMATOES
TOMATO AND EGGPLANT BAKE | DIETITIAN DEBBIE DISHES
EGGPLANT AND WHITE BEAN CASSEROLE - FEED YOUR POTENTIAL
EGGPLANT TOMATO BAKE - STAGE.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
EGGPLANT, CHEESE & TOMATO BAKE | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
EGGPLANT PASTA BAKE WITH TOMATO & ZUCCHINI - WALDER WELLNESS
LAYERED EGGPLANT, ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
TOMATO EGGPLANT BAKE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
BAKED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO, BASIL AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE - GOOD …
SHEET PAN EGGPLANT AND TOMATO BAKE - SAVORING ITALY
BAKED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES - REAL GREEK RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN EGGPLANT TOMATO BAKE RECIPE - MEDMUNCH
FRANKE'S CAFETERIA EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE - 2022 - GRAB FOR EATS
Eggplant Tomato Parmesan Bake | Eggplant Parm | Easy Version Parmigiana849 views-08:05
Tomato and Eggplant Casserole with Michael's Home Cooking5.6K views-07:12
Baked Garlic Tomato Chicken with Eggplant Cheese521 views-04:05
Baked Eggplant Recipe225.9K views-07:51
Baked Eggplants With Tomatoes & Mozzarella : Chop It Up With Veggies!15.7K views-02:03
Baked Eggplant with tomatoes (very quick!) - Italian side dish1.1K views-10:02
You'll also love