CHICKEN YAKI UDON
This delicious stir-fry is similar to yakisoba, but is made with thick, white udon noodles and tossed with a much simpler sauce. Often used in soups, udon noodles are also delicious fried--the texture is just awesome because they are chewy. Try to find frozen or fresh udon noodles. Dried udon noodles will work, too, but you'll lose some of the signature texture.
Provided by Diana71
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook udon in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in large saucepan or wok over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, allowing vegetables to maintain most of their crispness.
- Pour soy sauce over vegetables and chicken; saute 1 to 2 minutes more. Add udon noodles and toss well. Mix in gojuchang and ketchup, thoroughly combining to mix all the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.3 calories, Carbohydrate 35.2 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 792.1 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY WITH UDON NOODLES
- Coat a large, straight-sided saute pan set over medium heat with the peanut oil and toss in the chicken and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, then remove and reserve for later use.
- Add in the white scallion pieces, garlic, ginger and jalapenos. Add in a splash more of the oil and cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in the carrots and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and the vinegar, and then add the cabbage, edamame and the reserved chicken, and cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle in the green scallions.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss in the noodles, swishing them around with a pair of tongs so they don't stick together, and cook until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles to the pan, stir to combine and cook until the noodles are hot and nicely coated. Add a drop of sesame oil, then transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the peanuts and cilantro to serve.
More about "udon noodles with chicken shellfish and vegetables recipes"
15 MINUTE SPICY UDON STIR FRY - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
4.9/5 (52)Calories 480 per servingCategory Main Course
- Prepare your vegetables and set aside. Mix up the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. If you like, you can fill a large bowl with hot tap water and add udon noodles to the bowl to soak, so they can be separated before adding to the wok This isn't necessary though, as you can add fresh udon noodles directly from the package to the wok. I just find it easier to stir fry them having them separate before the go in to the wok.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add carrots and cook, stirring for a minute or so. Add onions and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and carrots are tender. Add green onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or so.
- If soaking udon noodles, gently stir to loosen udon noodles and separate, then drain. Add drained noodles (or unsoaked noodles)to the wok and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or so. (Stir fry a little longer is soaked, to cook off any extra water before adding the sauce). Add sauce and cook for another 30 second, stirring to combine well. Scatter baby spinach over top and cook, stirring constantly, until spinach is wilted.
- Remove stir fry to a bowl or plate and garnish with sesame seeds, additional sliced green onion and parsley/cilantro.
YAKI UDON: EASY ONE-PAN MEAL - THE WOKS OF LIFE
HOISIN CHICKEN UDON NOODLES - JO COOKS
YAKI UDON | STIR FRIED UDON NOODLES - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
20 BEST UDON NOODLE RECIPES TO SLURP TONIGHT - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (2)Published Jul 10, 2022Category Dinner, Recipe Roundup
- Yaki Udon (Stir-Fried Udon Noodles) Yaki udon is a popular street food in Japan, and it’s so beloved you’ll even find it in many restaurants. Made by stir-frying the noodles with vegetables and meat, it’s typically served with a soy-based sauce.
- Stir-Fried Spicy Garlic Udon Noodles. These stir-fried garlicky noodles are the perfect weeknight meal – quick, easy, and packed with flavor! Udon noodles are stir-fried with spicy garlic sauce and vegetables.
- Beef Udon Stir Fry. Is there anything better than tender, juicy beef with chewy, saucy noodles? I don’t think so! The vegetables add crunch and sweetness to the dish, and the sauce provides a balance of salty and sweet flavors.
- Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles. Hoisin noodles are just what you need when you’re craving takeout but trying to save some money. They’re easy to make, and the hoisin sauce gives the chicken a delicious savory flavor.
- One-Bowl Shoyu Udon (Soy Sauce Noodles) This delicious, quick, and easy recipe makes mid-week dinners a breeze. Cooked in a rich soy sauce broth and then topped with a variety of vegetables and protein, these noodles are slurpably scrumptious.
- Simple Udon Noodle Bowl. Short on time or just not in the mood to cook? Then, I have just the recipe for you! To make these super-simple udon noodles, all you need to do is boil them until tender, then add the veggies and toppings.
- Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles. I’ve been obsessed with peanut sauce since my first trip to Thailand. It’s rich, nutty, and wonderfully complex. And this udon dish is a terrific way to experience those incredible flavors.
- 15 Minute Spicy Udon Stir Fry. Are you on the hunt for a quick and easy weeknight meal packed with flavor? You just found it! Udon noodles stir-fried with a fiery Sriracha sauce and fresh vegetables?
- Tempura Udon Recipe (Shrimp and Vegetables) Japanese cuisine is known for its light, delicate flavors. And this dish is no exception. Tempura udon is a variation of the popular fried fave served with thick, chewy noodles.
- Udon with Onsen Tamago. This is a very exciting and unique dish, with the star ingredient being the onsen tamago. Onsen tamago refers to the gently boiled egg cooked low and slow until it’s insanely silky and custardy.
YAKI UDON RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
CHICKEN UDON STIR FRY - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (29)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 376 per serving
YAKI UDON (STIR FRIED UDON NOODLES) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
NABEYAKI UDON 鍋焼きうどん • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
TERIYAKI SHRIMP NOODLES RECIPE
10 BEST UDON NOODLES WITH CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST UDON NOODLES WITH CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI DRUNKEN NOODLES - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
CHICKEN & LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH UDON NOODLES – FOODBOX-NZ
SEAFOOD UDON STIR FRY - KHIN'S KITCHEN
NOODLES UDON - DELICIOUS AND ORIGINAL RECIPES OF JAPANESE DISHES
YAKI UDON NOODLES RECIPE || JAPANESE UDON NOODLES RECIPE
BLACK PEPPER UDON NOODLES WITH SHRIMP - JO COOKS
PORK CHOW FUN NOODLES – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
NABEYAKI UDON 鍋焼きうどん
RECIPE: UDON NOODLES WITH CHICKEN STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
YAKI UDON (STIR-FRIED UDON NOODLES) 焼きうどん • JUST ONE …
NABEYAKI UDON SOUP WITH CHICKEN, SPINACH, AND MUSHROOMS
15 UDON NOODLE SOUP VEGETARIAN RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
You'll also love