40 MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS
Homemade hamburger rolls with only a 10 minute rising time. These are really good. Recipe from Taste of Home.
Provided by Marie
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 12 buns
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add oil and sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Do not let rise.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a ball.
- Place 3" apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.8, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 202.1, Carbohydrate 28.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 4.3, Protein 4.6
This recipe makes a classic sesame-studded hamburger bun with just the right amount of sweetness and richness to complement but not overwhelm a beefy patty (or whatever you like to put on your bun). It toasts beautifully, which is recommended to add a bit of sturdiness to the soft crumb. Make sure you let the dough proof fully before baking, otherwise the surface of the buns might split. The recipe time factors in dough preparation. If you already have all-purpose enriched bread dough on hand, this is much swifter work.
Provided by Claire Saffitz
Yield 10 buns
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare the baking sheets: Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly brush or spray the parchment with oil, then set aside.
- Portion the dough: Remove the dough from the refrigerator and uncover. Scrape the dough from the bowl and place on the work surface. Use the heel of your hand to knock out the gas and deflate the risen dough, which will be quite firm. Using a kitchen scale and a bench scraper or a knife, portion the dough into 10 equal pieces. (Each piece will weigh about 113 grams.) If you don't have a kitchen scale, you can eyeball it.
- Form the buns: Working with one piece of dough at a time, fold it onto itself a few times to create a smooth surface, then gather the edges and pinch them together to form a smooth bundle of dough that looks like a garlic bulb. Place it seam-side down on the work surface and position your hand over the dough, palm barely touching the top and fingers lightly cupping it and resting on the work surface. Drag your hand - and the dough with it - slowly across the surface, moving it in small rapid circles. The friction between the dough and the surface will help tighten the dome so your buns will have a uniform, round shape. You shouldn't need to add flour, since the cold dough is easier to handle and less sticky, but if your dough is slightly warm or otherwise sticky, add just a bit of flour to make it easier to handle. Continue with all the pieces of dough, then arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheets, 5 per sheet, spacing evenly.
- Proof the buns: The buns proof best in a humid environment, so use a spray bottle, if you have one, to lightly spritz the baking sheets with water, or just sprinkle some water around the buns with your fingertips. Loosely cover the baking sheets with plastic wrap, then cover with a damp kitchen towel. Let sit at room temperature, undisturbed, until the buns have doubled in size and appear puffed and balloonlike, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, arrange one oven rack in the upper third and one in the lower third of the oven, then heat it to 350 degrees. Beat the egg in a small bowl until no streaks remain, then set aside.
- Test the buns: To see if the buns are fully proofed, uncover one, lightly oil your finger, and poke the surface gently. It should feel filled with air, spring back and hold a slight indentation from your finger. If it doesn't, cover again and continue to let them rise, repeating the test every 10 or 15 minutes.
- Apply egg wash and bake the buns: Brush the surfaces of the proofed buns generously with the beaten egg and sprinkle the sesame seeds over top. Transfer the pans to the oven, one on each rack. Bake, rotating each pan 180 degrees and top to bottom after 13 minutes, until the buns are puffed and deeply browned, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheets. Split horizontally with a serrated knife.
40-MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen. Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
More about "40 minute hamburger buns recipes"
40 MINUTE HAMBURGER BUN RECIPE - FOX AND BRIAR
4.7/5 (157)Category Baked Goods/BreadsCuisine AmericanCalories 218 per serving
- Add yeast and warm water to a large bowl. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, mixture should be foamy.
- Whisk in egg. Slowly mix in the salt and flour. Continue to add flour until you have a soft dough.
- Using a dough hook, knead in a mixer for 3-5 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. (If you don't want to use a mixer, you can knead by hand on a lightly floured surface.) Do not let rise. Divide into 8 equal pieces; shape each into a ball. Do not let the dough rise.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the dough balls on a greased or lined baking sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, brush the buns with an egg was, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes.
40-MINUTE SUPER SOFT HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE | GIRL …
5/5 (13)Total Time 40 minsCategory BreadCalories 203 per serving
40-MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS | QUICK & EASY! - YOUTUBE
Author The Homeschool BreakroomViews 2.1K
40-MINUTE HOMEMADE HAMBURGER BUNS - PRAY COOK …
EASY AND QUICK HAMBURGER BUNS - MY HOMEMADE ROOTS
40 MINUTE BURGER BUNS - EGG FREE – GAYATHRI'S COOK SPOT
40 MINUTE BREAD ROLLS (HOMEMADE HAMBURGER BUNS)
HOMEMADE HAMBURGER BUNS - DAMN DELICIOUS
40 MINUTE HAMBURGER BUN RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
4.6/5 (140)Total Time 40 minsCategory Dinner RecipesPublished May 28, 2013
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HAMBURGER BUNS | THE KITCHN
GLUTEN-FREE HAMBURGER BUNS (VEGAN) - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
40 MINUTE VEGAN HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE - THE CONSCIENTIOUS EATER
40-MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS | SKIP THE STOREBOUGHT BREAD. YOU
40 MINUTE HAMBURGER BUN RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
40 MINUTE HOMEMADE BRIOCHE HAMBURGER BUNS - OLD AMERICAN …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HAMBURGER BUNS WITH FRESH MILLED FLOUR
40-MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
40 MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS [THE BEST QUICK …
40-MINUTE HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
HOMEMADE HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #rolls-biscuits #yeast
EASY 40 MINUTE BRIOCHE HAMBURGER BUN RECIPE | COOK WITH ME6.2K views-18:40
40 Minute Hamburger Buns [THE BEST QUICK HAMBURGER BUN RECIPE THERE IS]509 views-05:40
40 Minute Hamburger Bun24K views-07:10
40-Minute Hamburger Buns | QUICK & EASY!2.1K views-06:45
You'll also love