CANDY CANE COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix well the shortening and butter, sugar, egg, almond and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt and add to shortening mixture. Divide dough in half.
- Blend red food coloring into one half. Roll 1 teaspoon of the red dough and 1 teaspoon of the white dough on lightly floured board into 4 inch strips. Place strips side by side and press lightly together and twist like a rope. Curve top of rope down to look like the handle of a candy cane.
- Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove while still warm. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crushed peppermint stick candy and 1/2 cup sugar (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 254.8 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
CANDY CANE COOKIES
These red and white striped Candy Cane Cookies have been completing Christmas cookie trays for years-since 1963 to be exact-and this version is based on the classic recipe from Betty's Cooky Book, so you know it's the real deal. If you're new to this cookie, we can promise that baking a batch of peppermint candy cane cookies will make for wonderful holiday memories. Twist together red and white cookie dough ropes and turn them into cute-as-can-be candy cane shapes and sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top to deliver tastes-like-Christmas flavor. With a yield of 54 servings, our Candy Cane Cookie recipe is perfect for giving as gifts (or reserve for household snacking).
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together peppermint candy and 2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 45 mg
CHRISTMAS CANDY CANE COOKIES
These cookies were a holiday tradition in my family since I was a young child. Now my own family requests them before any others at Christmas. —Pat Schmeling, Germantown, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Divide dough in half; mix the food coloring into 1 portion. Cover and refrigerate both doughs for 2 hours or until easy to handle., Shape 1 teaspoon plain dough into a 4-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon red dough into a 4-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining plain and red dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets., Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes or until set. Combine the crushed candy and sugar; sprinkle warm cookies with candy mixture. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 48mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CANDY CANE COOKIES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 3 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixer bowl or by hand, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg, almond extract, vanilla, and salt. Blend flour into mixture in several additions, beat until just combined.
- Remove half the dough from the bowl. Blend red food coloring into the half remaining in the bowl until the coloring is even. Cover dough a kitchen towel to keep it from drying out as you work. Use a floured teaspoon to measure 1 teaspoon each of white and red dough for each cookie. Roll into 4-inch ropes on a lightly floured surface. Place a red and white rope side-by-side, press together lightly and twist to form a spiral. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Curve top down to form handle of a candy cane. Bake until set, about 9 minutes. While the cookies are baking, put peppermint candies in a resealable plastic bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin. Mix the candy with the sugar. Place cooling rack over shallow pan. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet and gently place onto cooling rack. Sprinkle with candy/sugar mixture.
- Optional: Cool cookies, drizzle with melted chocolate, and add more candy mixture on top of chocolate.
VERY EASY CANDY CANE COOKIES
This recipe came from Quick Cooking (one of the best magazines Reiman Publishing came out with next to Taste of Home and all the others!). When you're doing massive quantities of cookies, any short-cut is appreciated. This recipe uses refrigerated cookie dough. And really, who's gonna know? Just spruce it up a bit and keep your mouth shut and take 100 % of the credit. (You could make your own sugar cookie dough too if you desire...either way, these are beautiful on a holiday tray!)
Provided by Redneck Epicurean
Yield 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide the dough in half and mix the food coloring in to one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of each color dough into 6 inch ropes. Place the ropes side by side, press together, and lightly twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve into a candy cane shape. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.9, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 24.7, Sodium 359.8, Carbohydrate 56.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 18.5, Protein 4.4
CHOCOLATE AND CANDY CANE COOKIES
Deliciously minty-chocolate, these chocolate-candy cane cookies will become your new favorite Christmas treats!
Provided by r e n e t a
Categories Christmas Cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine in a bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract until light and creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1/4-cup scoops of dough onto the prepared sheets; cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly toasted, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets briefly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Spread melted white chocolate to cover the top of each cookie. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top. Let white chocolate cool completely before serving, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263.1 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 206.2 mg, Sugar 21.1 g
People also searched
More about "best candy cane cookie recipes"
THE BEST CANDY CANE COOKIES - MOMSDISH
4.6/5 (59)Total Time 47 minsCategory Cookies, DessertCalories 67 per serving
- The dough should be smooth and not crumbly. Divide the dough into two parts. Add color to each part and work the dough to combine it together.
CANDY CANE COOKIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 3 hrs 44 minsCategory Dessert, Baking, CookieCalories 111 per serving
CANDY CANE COOKIES - SAVOR THE BEST
BEST CANDY CANE COOKIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CANDY …
Occupation Food EditorCategory Christmas, Baking, DessertServings 24Total Time 4 hrs
260 BEST CANDY CANE COOKIES IDEAS IN 2022 | COOKIE RECIPES, CANDY …
CANDY CANE COOKIES RECIPE: A PERFECT HOLIDAY COOKIE - SIFT
BEST CHOCOLATE CANDY CANE SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPES - FOOD …
900+ BEST CANDY CANE COOKIE RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
CANDY CANE COOKIES - BEST DESSERTS
TOP 47 BEST CANDY CANE COOKIE RECIPE RECIPES
21 BEST CANDY CANE SUGAR COOKIES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
CANDY CANE COOKIES | RICARDO
CLASSIC CANDY CANE COOKIES - FUN COOKIE RECIPES
CANDY CANE COOKIES - JUST A TASTE
TOP 44 EASY CANDY CANE COOKIE RECIPE RECIPES
CANDY CANE COOKIES - AHEAD OF THYME
(EASY!) How to Make Candy Cane Sugar Cookies | RECIPE1K views-02:20
How to Make Candy Cane Cookies | Christmas Cookies | Allrecipes.com27.6K views-02:10
Colourful candy cane cookies | Lidl GB3.3K views-02:54
Candy Cane Sugar Cookies17.4K views-03:34
Christmas Candy Cane Cookies! | Cupcake Jemma75.9K views-05:00
Candy Cane Cookies Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 851245.7K views-09:49
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make candy cane cookies at home?Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining plain and red dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes or until set. Combine the crushed candy and sugar; sprinkle warm cookies with candy mixture.
How do you make candy canes with red food coloring?Blend red food coloring into one half. Roll 1 teaspoon of the red dough and 1 teaspoon of the white dough on lightly floured board into 4 inch strips. Place strips side by side and press lightly together and twist like a rope. Curve top of rope down to look like the handle of a candy cane. Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
How do you make candy canes with rope strips?Place strips side by side and press lightly together and twist like a rope. Curve top of rope down to look like the handle of a candy cane. Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove while still warm. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crushed peppermint stick candy and 1/2 cup sugar (optional).
How long do you bake peppermint candy canes for?Curve top down to form handle of a candy cane. Bake until set, about 9 minutes. While the cookies are baking, put peppermint candies in a resealable plastic bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin.