THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This is such an easy chocolate chip cookie. No special equipment, no creaming -- a perfect cookie to do with kids. We love how versatile this dough is, too. It makes an awesome rocky road bar cookie.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- For a Rocky Road Bar:
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Make the batter as per cookie recipe and fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and the batter sets, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cover surface with 4 cups marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips. Broil at least 8 inches from the heat until marshmallows turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on the marshmallows, and turn the pan frequently--they go from golden to char in a wink.) Cool, cut and serve.
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We skipped the white sugar and went all in with dark brown sugar, which gives our cookies the ideal chewiness and perfect level of sweetness. Paired with the right amount of semisweet chocolate chips, this treat is a definite winner. The recipe makes a lot of cookies, but in our opinion, this is never a problem!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. (Use the paddle attachment for a stand mixer.) Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to scoop half the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Chill the remaining dough while you bake the first batch.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool the baking sheets completely, then line with parchment paper and repeat the scooping and baking process with the remaining dough.
PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
What makes these cookies truly "perfect" isn't anything radical; it's simply an attention to detail. The pastry chef Ravneet Gill was meticulous in developing her recipe, and all of her instructions exist for a reason. When she tells you to chill your dough overnight, don't think you can skip over that. (If you do, your cookies will spread.) When she instructs you to roll the dough into balls before transferring them to the fridge to rest, do as she says, and you'll get a nice plump, domed cookie instead of a sad flat one. Don't go swapping in milk chocolate for dark, and chop the chocolate into large chunks for those dramatic, dense puddles of goo. One allowance: If you don't have Maldon salt, another flaky salt or even kosher salt will do.
Provided by Charlotte Druckman
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 14 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the butter and both sugars in a stand mixer or mixing bowl. Cream together using a paddle attachment on medium speed, a handheld electric whisk or a wooden spoon for 1 to 2 minutes until paler but not fluffy. (Do not mix for too long; if you beat the mixture until super light and fluffy, that will cause the cookie to deflate later when cooking.)
- Add the egg and beat over medium speed until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (all the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt), then fold into the butter mixture using a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Immediately scoop out heaping 1/4-cup portions (about 60 grams), roll into balls and place on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 12 hours. (If space is tight, you can condense them on one sheet before refrigerating then redistribute among two sheets before baking.)
- The next day, heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure the dough balls are evenly spaced out among two baking sheets, as they will spread. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes (or 15 minutes if baking from frozen), until the cookies are puffed and golden at the edges. You want the middle to be ever so slightly not-quite set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet; they will continue firming up as they cool. Once cooled, eat! (These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The balls of dough will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer.)
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
My kids say these are absolutely the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I usually put aside an afternoon and bake three batches because one batch doesn't make it past the second day.
Provided by Carrie Ann
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 60 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla until light.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.7, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 66.3, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 8.2, Protein 1
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, blending just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and slightly gooey inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 16 g
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
People also searched
More about "best chocolate chip cookies recipes"
OUR 13 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW …
Author Margaux LaskeyPublished 2021-05-12
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) - RICARDO
5/5 (636)Calories 250 per servingCategory Desserts
THE BEST 15 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES NO BAKING SODA ...
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (FAMILY FAVORITES)
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES [RECIPE AND PHOTOS]
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER
11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE (SERIOUSLY) - CRAZY FOR ...
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - MODERN HONEY
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CANADIAN LIVING
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BROMA BAKERY
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JO COOKS
BEST CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL ...
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP ...
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CRUMBL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (COPYCAT RECIPE)
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES [+ TIPS FOR THE ...
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES, ACCORDING TO EATER ...
THE VERY BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - KITCHN
8 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 ...
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ...
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
THE BEST EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE WHOLESOME DISH
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - PLAIN CHICKEN
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CELEBRATING SWEETS
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! - GIMME SOME OVEN
PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
GEMMA'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO)
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - DELISH
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best chocolate chip cookies?How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies? Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
What temperature do you bake chocolate chip cookies at?The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy on the inside and a little crisp on the outside. This cookie recipe will become your new favorite Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
What kind of sugar do you use for chocolate chip cookies?You can use granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar. Brown sugar. I use light brown sugar in this recipe for the best results. Flour. I recommend using an unbleached, all-purpose flour to make these chocolate chip cookies. Many readers have used gluten-free all-purpose flour with excellent results. Sea Salt.
How do you make marshmallows and chocolate chip cookies?Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Make the batter as per cookie recipe and fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and the batter sets, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cover surface with 4 cups marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips.