EASY FRIED SCALLOPS
I experimented with some ways to cook scallops one night with my family. This was everyone's favorite and it has become a regular dish at our family fry nights. If serving as a main dish, make twice as many servings as people (about 8 scallops per person).
Provided by MBeau
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Immerse 4 or 5 scallops in the bowl of buttermilk. Transfer to the flour mixture; roll around until thickly coated.
- Lower scallops gently into the hot oil. Cook until golden and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 769.1 calories, Carbohydrate 84.7 g, Cholesterol 82.6 mg, Fat 30.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 36.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 1914.8 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
AIR FRYER BREADED SEA SCALLOPS
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (198 degrees C).
- Mix cracker crumbs, garlic powder, and seafood seasoning together in a shallow bowl. Place melted butter in a second shallow bowl.
- Dip each scallop in the melted butter and then roll in the breading until completely coated. Set on a plate and repeat with the remaining scallops.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Arrange scallops in the prepared basket so that they are not touching each other; you may need to work in batches.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 2 minutes. Turn scallops over gently with a small spatula and cook until opaque, about 2 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 69.3 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 589.4 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS
These flavorful breaded and baked oysters, served with a zippy jalapeno mayonnaise, were created by Marie Rizzio of Interlochen, Michigan. "I entered this recipe in a seafood contest and took first place in the hors d'oeuvres category," Marie says. "They make an interesting appetizer for entertaining." -Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen (about 2/3 cup jalapeno mayonnaise).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and garlic salt. , Coat oysters with flour mixture, then dip in eggs, and coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil., Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise ingredients. Serve with oysters.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS
This is a good way to enjoy "fried" scallops without all of the added fat from deep frying. This recipe is from a cookbook published in 1979 by the Cape Cod National Seashore Women's Club.
Provided by Dan-Amer 1
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Season the dried scallops with salt & pepper. Beat together the egg and the water.
- Dip the scallops in the egg-water mixture, then roll them in the bread crumbs, then dip the BOTTOMS of these into the melted butter.
- Place the scallops buttered sides down on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.9, Fat 26.2, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 151.4, Sodium 512.4, Carbohydrate 17.4, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.4, Protein 23.6
CRISPY OVEN-"FRIED" SCALLOPS
How to make Crispy Oven-"Fried" Scallops
Provided by @MakeItYours
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 475° and set a rack to the middle position. Take two rimmed baking sheets and set a wire rack in each. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and lemon juice until thoroughly combined. Pat scallops dry. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour melted butter and bread crumbs into additional (separate) shallow bowls.
- Dip a scallop in the egg mixture, then dredge in the seasoned flour. Now dip it in the melted butter and gently roll in panko bread crumbs. Place on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining scallops. When all scallops are breaded, drizzle with some of the remaining butter and transfer to the oven. Bake until scallops are golden brown and cooked through (cut to check), 10 to 13 minutes. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon slices.
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED SCALLOPS
- Melt the butter and mix with the fresh lemon juice, finely grated lemon zest, and finely minced fresh lemon thyme. For the breading, mix soft white bread crumbs with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano and Italian parsley. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place melted butter in small bowl and breading in pie pan. Drop garlic into butter and allow to stand 10 minutes; remove garlic and discard. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper, dip into melted butter, then Breading, patting it on thickly. Arrange scallops in shallow baking pan large enough to accommodate them in one layer and drizzle remaining butter on top, taking care not to dislodge Breading. Slide onto middle oven shelf and bake uncovered, basting several times with pan drippings, 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot with a green vegetable- broccoli florets, perhaps, or asparagus - or if you prefer, with a tartly dressed salad of mixed greens.
More about "crispy oven fried scallops recipes"
DEEP-FRIED CLAMS OR SCALLOPS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (14)Calories 389 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Prepare Spicy Cocktail Sauce or Sweet and Sour Sauce, if desired. If scallops are large, cut in half. Rinse clams or scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- For batter, in a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a small mixing bowl combine egg, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and 3/4 cup cold water. Add to flour mixture; beat smooth.
- In a deep-fat fryer or a 2-quart saucepan heat 2 inches shortening or oil to 375 degree F (see tip below). Dip clams or scallops into batter. Fry a few at a time, until golden brown, turning once. Allow 1 to 1-1/2 minutes for clams and 2 to 2-1/2 minutes for scallops. Remove from fat and drain on paper towels. Keep fried clams or scallops warm in a 300 degree F oven while frying remaining seafood. Serve with sauce, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
CRISPY BAKED SCALLOPS (WITH BUTTERY PANKO TOPPING ...
5/5 (64)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 296 per serving
- Dry scallops well with paper towel and remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop (the muscle is much tougher to eat than the scallop).
- Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, panko, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, and butter in a bowl stirring well until combined.
CRISPY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE [+VIDEO] - DR ...
Ratings 91Calories 280 per servingCategory Appetizer, Dinner
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
LIGHT & CRISPY OVEN-FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPE | YANKEE MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SIMPLE PAN-FRIED SCALLOPS - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPE BY CHEF.REFF | IFOOD.TV
Milk free bread crumbs 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)Scallops 1/2 Pound (Large Size)Salt 1/2 TeaspoonCalories 220 per serving
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SCALLOPS WITHOUT DEEP-FRYING | EPICURIOUS
Author Anna StockwellEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
PAN OR OVEN FRIED OYSTERS – OLYMPIASEAFOOD
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRISPY BAKED SCALLOPS RECIPE - MELISSA RUBEL JACOBSON ...
4/5 Total Time 25 minsServings 4
- In a small bowl, mix the panko with the melted butter, olive oil, dry mustard, cayenne, garlic, parsley, chives and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Set them in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the scallops evenly with the panko. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until barely cooked through.
- Turn the broiler on and broil the scallops 3 inches from the heat until the panko topping is crisp and golden brown, about 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CRISPY LEEKS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Healthy Scallop RecipesCalories 164 per serving
- Cut leek in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise. Cut each quarter into long, thin strips. Rinse the strips in hot water and pat dry. Toss in a medium bowl with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle flour, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt over the leeks; toss well to combine. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring once or twice, until the leeks are crispy and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet until the scallops are done.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt with Italian seasoning, lemon zest and pepper in a small bowl. Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with the seasoning mixture. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the scallops with the crispy leeks on top.
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
4.8/5 (20)Calories 254 per servingCategory Dinner
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
BAKED SEA SCALLOPS WITH CRISPY GLUTEN FREE TOPPING - LOW ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 35 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 170 per serving
- Remove scallops from shell. Lightly brush and rinse shell with lemon juice combined with water, to eliminate the fishy odor. Soak in hot water for at least 15 minutes. Wipe shells with kitchen towel and return scallops to shell. Sprinkle some salt.
- In a baking tray lined with foil, bake scallops for 5 minutes. Drain scallops broth. Opt to set aside for another use or discard.
- Butter and cheese mixture. In a skillet with low heat, melt butter and sauté garlic until slightly brown.Turn off heat then add cream, cheddar cheese, Jalapeño and black pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
CRISPY FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Appetizer, DinnerCalories 503 per serving
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tablespoon salt, Old Bay seasoning, and black pepper.
- Pour the oil into a medium Dutch oven or cast iron skillet and warm over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, pat the shrimp dry and dredge them in the flour mixture first, then coat with buttermilk, and dredge in the flour mixture again. Shake the shrimp after each coating to get off any excess flour or batter.
QUICK AND EASY AIR FRYER SCALLOPS RECIPE | AIRFRIED.COM
4.4/5 (134)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main DishCalories 199 per serving
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED TOFU - COOKIE AND KATE
4.8/5 (466)Calories 136 per servingCategory Protein
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS AIR FRYER RECIPE - TASTY OVEN
5/5 (16)Total Time 17 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 86 per serving
CRISPY BAY SCALLOPS - DINNER RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPE BY HANAH | IFOOD.TV
Bread crumbs 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)Scallops 1 PoundEgg 1 , beatenCalories 253 per serving
BEST FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
CRISPY OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS FOOD - ALLFOODSRECIPES.COM
CRISPY OVEN CHICKEN BREAST BEST RECIPES - ALLUSRECIPE.COM
JASPER WHITE’S CRISPY FRIED SCALLOPS WITH FENNEL SLAW ...
OVEN FRIED OYSTERS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED SCALLOPS
HOME - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
DEEP FRIED BAY SCALLOPS RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN FRIED SCALLOPS RECIPES
CRISPY FRIED SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED SCALLOPS - EATNDRINK.ORG
OVEN BAKED SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRISPY OVEN-“FRIED” SCALLOPS | RECIPE | FRIED SCALLOPS ...
CRISPY SCALLOP RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS BEST RECIPES
8 BEST FRIED SCALLOPS IDEAS | FRIED SCALLOPS, SCALLOP ...
CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN BEST RECIPES
FROZEN FRIED SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRISPY OVEN-“FRIED” SCALLOPS | RECIPE | FRIES IN THE OVEN ...
BONNIES CRISPY OVEN FRIED COD FISH BEST RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED SCALLOPS, YANKEE MAGAZINE | THINGS I LIKE
Crispy Fried Scallops & Shrimps6.2K views-00:59
Breaded Pan Fried Scallops2.2K views-01:58
Baked Scallops18K views-01:20
Seared Scallops with Miso Sauce and Crispy Nori Recipe2.1K views-01:48
Magic Crispy Baked Scallops2K views-01:58
Sea Scallops in Panko Bread crumbs15K views-04:29
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops in the oven?Preheat oven to 475° and set a rack to the middle position. Take two rimmed baking sheets and set a wire rack in each. Set aside. Whisk eggs and lemon juice until thoroughly combined. Pat scallops dry. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour melted butter and bread crumbs into additional (separate) shallow bowls.
How to cook scallops in a deep fryer?Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Immerse 4 or 5 scallops in the bowl of buttermilk. Transfer to the flour mixture; roll around until thickly coated. Lower scallops gently into the hot oil.
How to cook scallops in oven with Ritz Crackers?Preheat your oven to 325° and set a rack to the second-from-the-top position. In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers (or similar), and 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle this over the scallops.
How do you cook frozen scallops in butter?Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish. Combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops. Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.