EASY OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
No fancy ingredients here... Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. Most of the meatloaves I saw here had things I'd never even consider putting in a meatloaf! :) At times I will substitute the onion with approx. 1/4 cup dried onion flakes. I also have substituted the garlic with garlic powder. I've never tried making it with horseradish. (I was a notoriously picky eater as a kid so I don't think Grandma put it in when I came to visit either.) I usually don't bother beating the egg... (Boy do I sound lazy! Don't tell Mom! LOL!) I've only recently started putting ketchup on the top before baking, so I don't think it's necessary to keep the meatloaf moist. Mom used to use her own dried bread crumbs, but I use the plain storebought kind. I haven't been adventurous enough to try any flavored bread crumbs... Make sure lean ground beef is used otherwise the meatloaf can get too greasy and/or bubble over the pan while baking. I also recommend checking the center to make sure it's done. On occasion it has taken over an hour to bake.
Provided by nranger7
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Shape in loaf pan.
- Cover with more ketchup if desired.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.1, Fat 12.2, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 97, Sodium 861.5, Carbohydrate 8.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 4.3, Protein 24.3
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. And if you don't have a go-to recipe, we offer you this one. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the whole fam, turn to this can't-miss recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY CLASSIC MEAT LOAF
"My mother made this tender, moist meat loaf at least every other week-and always served it with scalloped potatoes. It was one of my favorite meals growing up." You'll be amazed by all the flavor from just a handful of pantry ingredients! Helen Lipko - Martinsburg, PA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 679mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE
Serve this easy meatloaf made with pork, prosciutto and parmesan hot or cold. It's ideal for supper, picnics or to pack in lunchboxes
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put bread in processor and blitz to make crumbs, then tip into a bowl with the pork.
- Tip the onion, garlic and herbs into the food processor and process until finely chopped. Add to the bowl with the parmesan and egg. Finely chop 2 slices of the prosciutto and add to the mix with some salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork or your hands.
- Use the rest of the prosciutto to line a 1.5 litre loaf tin. Spoon in the meatloaf mix and press down well. Flip the overhanging prosciutto over the top, then put the loaf tin into a roasting tray.
- Pour hot water from the kettle into the roasting tray to come halfway up the loaf tin and bake for 1 hr until loaf shrinks from the sides of tin.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then drain off any excess liquid and turn out onto a board. Cut into thick slices and serve warm or cold with salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 0.63 milligram of sodium
THE BEST MEATLOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine milk and soft bread crumbs in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, chopped onion, and green bell pepper. Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Pat the the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Brush the top with additional steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 100.6 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 867 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
EASY AND QUICK MEATLOAF
I found this recipe while searching for a easy and quick meatloaf. I added a few ingredients on my own (green pepper, red pepper and cheese) and it turned out great. My family had it with white rice and hashbrowns and loved it. Now i make it every Sunday.
Provided by sissacd
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.1, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 85.3, Sodium 417.8, Carbohydrate 26.9, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 7.8, Protein 20.8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, soup, chopped onion, rolled oats, eggs, steak sauce, ketchup, and mustard in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf, and pat into a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 505.7 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
People also searched
More about "easy meatloaf recipes"
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.9/5 (25)Calories 315 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add all of the meatloaf ingredients to a large bowl and gently mix everything to combine (without over-working the meat). Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan and gently pat into an even layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the meatloaf sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and spread sauce on top. Return to oven for 10-20 minutes or until cooked through (160 degrees F).
TRADITIONAL MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntreesServings 8
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE (ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS) | SOMEWHAT …
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
TWO LOAF EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOSTESS AT HEART
BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE, 5‑INGREDIENT WEEKNIGHT DINNER
THE BEST EVER MEATLOAF RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF | COOKS IN 20 MINUTES - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
QUICK & EASY MEATLOAF SLIDERS RECIPE - LYDI OUT LOUD
35 EASY MEATLOAF RECIPES - THE DAILY MEAL
15 MEMORABLE MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPES - TRADITIONAL HOMEMADE MEATLOAF AND MORE!
CRACKER BARREL MEATLOAF COPYCAT RECIPE - SIXSISTERSSTUFF.COM
EASY MEATLOAF - JO COOKS
#weeknight #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #beef #easy #dietary #low-carb #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #4-hours-or-less
Meatloaf Recipe | Easy Meatloaf Recipe1.1M views-12:08
Simple and Easy Meatloaf Recipe640K views-05:29
Homemade Meatloaf Recipe | The Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever! Easy & Delicious #MrMakeItHappen #Meatloaf814K views-09:26
HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE | How To Make Meatloaf | Sunday Suppers2.5M views-07:23
How To make JUICY Meatloaf| Easy Meatloaf Recipe1M views-06:00
HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE | How To Make Meatloaf242K views-11:52
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make meatloaf?In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
How long to cook meatloaf in oven?Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings in large bowl. Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Pour ketchup over top. Bake meatloaf 55 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
What is meatloaf made of?Meatloaf is an American institution. In addition to being easy to prepare, EVERYBODY loves it. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine ground beef, soup, chopped onion, rolled oats, eggs, steak sauce, ketchup, and mustard in a large bowl.
What is meatloaf with cheese and onion soup mix?Meatloaf with cheese, onion soup mix, steak sauce and crushed buttery round crackers. A meatloaf mixture of ground beef, cheese, and quick-cooking oats is formed into individually sized loaves. They are glazed with a sauce of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.