LEMON CAPER STUFFED EGGS
These make great appetizers for a party or a first course for dinner, or a yummy snack. You could put these in the lunch box too! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 1 dozen, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard bouled egg whits upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic into the egg yolks, then grate about 2 tbls. of onion juice into the bowl. add the capers, 1 tsp of lemon zest, the juice of the lemon, a few dashes of hot sauce, the mayonnaise, pepper, and half of the parsley. Mash until smooth and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
LEMON-CAPER DEVILED EGGS WITH FRIED OYSTERS
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 24 deviled eggs
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the deviled eggs: Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. With a ladle, slowly lower the eggs into the water, one by one. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a food processor. Arrange the whites, cut-side up, on a serving platter. To the food processor, add the mayo, mustard, capers, garlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Process until well blended and smooth, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag. Using the bag like a pastry bag, pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- For the fried oysters: Fill a Dutch oven or deep, heavy saucepan with about 3 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow dish, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour the milk and any oyster liquor into another shallow dish. Dip the oysters in the milk, then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture, shaking off the excess. If you like a thicker breading, repeat the process, dipping again in the milk and the cornmeal mixture.
- Working in batches, lower the breaded oysters into the hot oil and fry, turning frequently, until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- To assemble, place a fried oyster on each deviled egg and dust with paprika. Serve immediately.
LEMON CAPER DEVILED EGGS
I love deviled eggs. Love. I always say, "It's not a party at my house without deviled eggs." It's hard to beat the classic rendition, but every now and then I'll mix things up. I came up with this recipe for a dinner I cooked at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, where I topped them with fried oysters. They're obviously delicious that way (anything fried, am I right?), but I like them just as well without the garnish. I've made them with lemon and capers so many times now, I have almost forgotten what they taste like plain!
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 24 deviled eggs
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. With a ladle, slowly lower the eggs into the water, one by one. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a food processor. Arrange the whites, cut-side up, on a serving platter. Blitz the egg yolks by themselves for about 10 seconds. To the yolks, add the mayo, mustard, capers, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Process until well blended and smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, then use scissors to snip off the tip of one of the bottom corners to form a small hole. Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites or store the egg whites and yolk mixture separately in the fridge until ready to fill and serve, one to two days. Garnish the filled eggs with paprika and parsley and serve immediately.
ITALIAN STYLE STUFFED EGGS WITH LEMON AND CAPERS
Brightened up with the sunny flavor of lemon rind and the briney tang of capers,these eggs make a wonderful alternative to the same ol' deviled eggs. The amount of capers is only approximate;you will use more or less depending on the size of the capers and your personal taste.The recipe for these tasty hors d'oeuvres is from one of my favorite cookbooks,Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon.
Provided by strangelittlebeast
Yield 20 stuffed eggs, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place eggs in a medium -large pot,one with room enough so that the eggs do not touch.Cover with cold water(the eggs should be completely covered).
- Bring the eggs to a rolling boil over medium heat.
- Once the water is boiling,cover the pot and remove from the heat source.Let the eggs sit,covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs,rinse under cold water,and peel.Cut each egg in half,lengthwise,and scoop out the yolk.
- Mash the yolk with a fork,add mayo.
- Was the lemon well,dry,and zest the entire lemon with a microplane or the finest holes on a grater.Add the zest to the yolk mixture.Juice the lemon and add about 1 teaspoon of the juice to the yolks as well,reserving the remaining juice for some other use.Season with salt and white pepper.
- Restuff the eggs with the yolk mixture.
- Garnish each egg with a few of the capers.I sometimes prefer to mix the capers into the yolks to get an even distribution of flavor,the choice is yours.
- Finally,garnish each egg half with a leaf of parsley .
- Chill the eggs if you are not serving them right away.
- You may sprinkle these with a bit of paprika or cayenne if you want to add the classic deviled egg touch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.2, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 187.5, Sodium 113, Carbohydrate 2.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.8, Protein 6.4
Here's a salad dressing that falls somewhere between special-occasion Caesar and "toss lemon juice and olive oil onto lettuce." By adding a craggy paste of capers and garlic and a pouf of shaved Parmesan to the lemon and olive oil, you get a puckery, salty mix that's packed with umami, just like Caesar, but isn't weighed down by mayonnaise or egg yolks. It works great on arugula, Romaine, kale or radicchio; steamed or roasted vegetables; hard-boiled eggs; and even grains. The recipe developer's mom has been feeding her this dressing since she could chew. Ali adds a bit more garlic and lemon than what you'll find here, so adjust it until it tastes good to you.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- On a cutting board, smash and coarsely mince the garlic. Add 10 grinds of fresh pepper and the capers to the garlic. Chop and press down on the mixture with the side of your knife until a coarse paste forms.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, then stir in the lemon juice, followed by the Parmesan. Slowly add in the olive oil, stirring until emulsified. Taste on a lettuce leaf (or whatever you're dressing) and adjust as needed with acid (lemon), fat (olive oil), and salt (capers and cheese).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 771, UnsaturatedFat 51 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 72 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 19 grams, Sodium 1033 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "lemon caper stuffed eggs recipes"
LEMON CAPER DEVILLED EGGS - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
Reviews 5Category Appetizer, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 18 mins
LEMON CAPER CALAMARI - RECIPE GIRL
LEMON CAPER EGG SALAD RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
DEVILED EGGS WITH FRIED CAPERS, LEMON, AND PARSLEY …
40 MUST-MAKE STUFFED EGGS | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: LEMON-CAPER DEVILED EGGS | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 24Calories 80 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Put eggs in a medium pot, add water to cover by 1 inch and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
LEMON-CAPER STUFFED EGGS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CAPER AND LEMON DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - REILY PRODUCTS
BEST EGG SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
KATIE LEE BIEGEL'S LEMON CAPER DEVILED EGGS | THE KITCHEN | FOOD ...
LEMON CAPER EGG SALAD RECIPE - BRIGHT AND CRUNCHY ~ MACHEESMO
ITALIAN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA TASTE
HOUSTON RESTAURANT OUISIE’S TABLE TURNS 50 AND SHARES CLASSIC RECIPES
DEVILED EGGS WITH LEMON ZEST, CAPERS AND CHIVES
OUR BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CAPER LEMON DEVILED EGGS | WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #eggs-dairy #greek #spanish #easy #european #dinner-party #holiday-event #vegetarian #eggs #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love