PAN-FRIED BLACKENED RED SNAPPER
This is a recipe that I came up with one night after finding some red snapper in the freezer. It can also be done with catfish, flounder, perch, or pretty much any white fish. Remember that the thinner the fillet, the shorter the cook time.
Provided by toddmaloney
Categories Seafood Fish Catfish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix paprika, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Combine olive oil and butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir to blend butter into the oil.
- Brush some of the olive oil and butter mixture over both sides of each red snapper fillet. Sprinkle paprika mixture over both sides of each fillet.
- Heat leftover oil and butter mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry red snapper until flesh flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Cholesterol 56.9 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 2069.1 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
PAN SEARED SNAPPER IN SAFFRON SAUCE
- Heat skillet over medium high flame until it's nice and hot. In the meantime with a sharp knife, score the skin side of the snapper and salt and pepper. Add 1/8 of a cup of the olive oil to skillet. Put the snapper meatside down, sear until you've got a golden crust then turn the fillet over and cook 2 minutes more. Take the fillets out of the skillet and set aside while you saute the fennel in the same skillet for 5 minutes. Set the fennel aside and drain any oil from the skillet. Put remaining 1/8 cup olive oil into skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, saffron, and saute for 1 minute. Deglaze skillet with wine, lemon juice and pernod. When there is almost no liquid left in skillet add fish stock or water. Bring to a simmer and add fennel back to skillet and continue to simmer for 2 more minutes. Put snapper on top of fennel, put skillet in a preheated 425 degree oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and put fennel on a plate and snapper again on top of fennel. Return skillet to high flame and reduce pan juice by half, remove pan from heat and add butter. Swinging pan until dissolved and sauce has thickened, salt and pepper to taste and spoon around fish and fennel.
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER
Lot's of compliments from my husband...(I have never tasted a fish this good)...WOW...am I Glowing or what?
Provided by Monika Rosales
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1. combine all the dry ingredients, to make a dry rub. rub the skin side with the mixture.
- 2. in a medium-high skillet, place the butter & olive oil, place fish skin side down...4 mins... turn and finish 2 more mins.
- 3. meanwhile, make the topping smashed garlic, diced tomatoes, juice of lime or lemon, parsley & cilantro, olive oil
- 4. take fish out and pour topping
PAN-SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON- ZEST BUTTER SAUCE
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grate the zest from 1 of the lemons, carefully avoiding the pith. Set aside.
- Using a paring knife, remove the peel in long strips from the second lemon, scraping off any pith. Cut the peel into a fine julienne. Bring a small saucepan half full of water to a boil and add the strips. Boil 1 minute. Drain and rinse the strips under cold water. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, simmer the lemon juice, orange juice, shallot, peppercorns and grated zest, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids and return the liquid to the pan and set it over very low heat.
- Whisk chunks of cold butter into the sauce one at a time, whisking continuously. When all the butter has been incorporated, immediately remove the pan from the heat. (The sauce will separate if it becomes too hot.) Transfer the sauce to a small thermos or to a glass cup set inside a bowl of very warm water.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil. Add salt and pepper to snapper fillets taste. Place the snapper fillets in the pan and cook, turning once, until they are lightly browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fillets to 4 warm plates. Coat with the sauce, garnish with parsley and lemon-zest strips and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 517, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 771 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "pan seared red snapper recipes"
PAN-SEARED RED SNAPPER - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
Ratings 26Category Main CourseCuisine FrenchTotal Time 12 mins
- Pat snapper fillets dry. Dust with flour, and shake off any excess. Sprinkle them on both sides with salt and pepper.Prepare a heavy pan with the olive oil and 1 TB butter. Heat on medium-high until butter is melted but not browned, then turn the heat down to medium.
- Place the fillets in the pan and cook about 4 minutes. Don't touch the fillets until they're ready to flip.Use a thin metal spatula to test the fish. If you can slide the spatula under the fish without the fish sticking to the pan, it's ready to flip. If the fillets won't release, give them another 30 seconds. They'll release when they've finished cooking.After flipping, divide the remaining 1 TB butter over both fillets.
- Cook fish another 3-4 minutes until done. Fish will be golden on both the top and bottom and opaque all the way through when finished cooking.Transfer the fish to plates, leaving the excess butter in the pan. Cover fish to keep warm, or set fish in a 200ºF oven.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the lemon juice and capers, and stir with a wooden spoon. Add half the herbs and stir again. Serve fish hot with pan sauce and remaining herbs.
PAN-SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BUTTER - THE BUTCHER …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPE | HANK SHAW - HUNTER …
10 BEST PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
PAN-FRIED RED SNAPPER - HELL'S KITCHEN
BEST PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH EASY LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
5/5 (1)Total Time 12 minsCategory Dinner Recipes, Main Course, SeafoodCalories 336 per serving
SEARED SALMON OR PAN-FRIED SNAPPER WITH SAUTE VEGETABLES AND A …
Author Emeril LagasseSteps 9
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BUTTER - COCOPLANET.COM
BEST SPICY CAJUN PAN SEARED SNAPPER RECIPE - FIT FOUND ME
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPE - ADAMS FAIRACRE FARMS
PAN SEARED MANGROVE SNAPPER RECIPE - PARAQUIP.COM.CY
PAN SEARED MANGROVE SNAPPER RECIPE - UMEN.FI
PAN SEARED MANGROVE SNAPPER RECIPE
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY PAN-SEARED RED SNAPPER | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
PAN SEARED MANGROVE SNAPPER RECIPE - PETROQUIP.COM
PAN SEARED MANGROVE SNAPPER RECIPE - GRUPOLOSCABEZUDOS.ES
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER & SHRIMP RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
Super Easy and Quick Pan Seared Red Snapper Fillet Recipe in 5 minutes | Tasty Recipe62.6K views-05:34
HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPE 20211.4K views-07:35
Red snapper fish Pan seared with pecan crust || learn to fillet your fish7.2K views-08:25
Chef Michael Cowan - Pan Seared Red Snapper78.2K views-04:54
Recipe for Pan Seared Red Snapper with a Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce2.7K views-02:59
Seared Red Snapper with Lemon Caper White Wine Sauce | Cook Eat Repeat | Blackstone Griddles6.8K views-11:12
You'll also love