HONEY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS
- Mix honey and mustard together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and lay pork chops into the hot butter. Sprinkle chops with half the garlic powder and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn chops over, sprinkle with remaining garlic powder, and pan-fry chops for 3 more minutes.
- Brush honey mustard sauce over chops, turn them over, and cook for 5 minutes; turn chops onto other side and brush with honey mustard sauce. Cook until chops are no longer pink inside and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 65.6 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 22.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 149.8 mg, Sugar 17.6 g
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Pat pork dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, swirling to coat, then brown chops, turning over once, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a shallow baking pan, reserving skillet, and bake, uncovered, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off fat from skillet, then cook shallots in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and any juices from baking pan and boil, scraping up any brown bits, 2 minutes. Add mustard and cream and return to a boil, then add lemon juice and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
- Mince enough of the red onion slices to have 1/3 cup minced onion.
- Put remaining onion slices in a bowl and pour vinegar over them; marinate for 10 minutes. Drain and discard the vinegar.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; fry in the hot oil until nicely browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Arrange pork chops onto serving plates; top each with a portion of the red onion slices.
- Whisk minced onion, sour cream, Dijon mustard, and apricot preserves together in a bowl; serve with the pork chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 57.9 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 713.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD BOURBON SAUCE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat, for about 1 minute or until the surface of the pan is uniformly hot. Pat the chops dry, and season the chops on one side with salt and pepper. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chops seasoned side down and cook until the chops are brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the butter and cook for 1 minute more. Season the top side of the chops, and turn the chops over. Continue cooking until firm and an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the chops to a plate, tent with foil and set aside to rest.
- Pour off any fat remaining in the skillet. Pull the pan from the heat and carefully add the bourbon. Return the pan to the heat and tip the pan slightly to ignite the alcohol. Cook until reduced by half then add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 3 minutes, then whisk in the mustard and the cream. Simmer the sauce until it coats the back of a spoon, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with the pork chops.
- Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD AND CREAM
- In a skillet large enough to hold the pork chops in a single layer, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke. Add the chops and saute until well browned on each side, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm. Discard the oil in the skillet, then wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Set over medium heat and add the butter. When it's melted, add the shallots and garlic and saute until aromatic but not browned, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the brandy; be careful here, because the brandy may ignite. Add the cream and mustard to the skillet and return the skillet to the heat, increasing the heat to high. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Return the veal chops to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices, and simmer until the sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon and the chops are just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chops in the sauce once as they cook. Remove the skillet from the heat and season the chops with lemon juice and salt and pepper. Transfer the chops to a serving platter, spoon sauce over them, and serve immediately, sprinkled with the chopped fresh herbs.
PORK CHOPS IN A HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE
Pork chops are a great economical cut and cook up quickly, making them ideal for busy weeknight meals. But turning out tender chops can be tricky. Browning them first, then finishing them in this tangy, slightly sweet sauce results in perfectly cooked chops. -Susan Bentley, Burlington, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm., Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in broth, mustard, honey and remaining garlic powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in cream; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened., Return pork chops and juices to the skillet. Cover and cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 3-5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 24g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123mg cholesterol, Sodium 597mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
PORK CHOPS IN MUSTARD SAUCE
I adopted this recipe and prepared these with rice and veggies for complete meal. We loved the flavor of the sauce, and found that it didn't need the pinch of sugar. In the future, we would add some chicken broth with the beer to make more sauce for our rice, noodles or other side dishes. The original chef wrote: "I found the recipe years ago in one of my cookbooks. The original requires equal parts of sherry and chicken stock. Since I had neither and love the taste of beer when cooking pork, I just added it instead plus a pinch of sugar. YUMM"
Provided by Ms B.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- melt butter in a pan and saute onion.
- set onions aside.
- mix flour, salt and pepper and cover the meat with it.
- brown the meat and add the onion and beer.
- leave to simmer covered for 30min.
- put meat on a plate and stir mustard and sugar into the sauce.
- pour over the chops and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.7, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 152.6, Sodium 250, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.2, Protein 42.5
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD-CORNICHON SAUCE
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Add 3 chops to each skillet and sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Cover skillets and cook until thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 145°F, about 9 minutes. Transfer chops to warm platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add half of water, shallot, and garlic to each skillet. Cook until shallot is soft, scraping up any browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add any juices from chops. Whisk in cornichons and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chops. Sprinkle chops with parsley.
- *Cornichons are tiny brine-packed French pickles, available at specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
People also searched
More about "pork chops with mustard sauce recipes"
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (175)Total Time 20 minsAuthor Kate MerkerCalories 364 per serving
- Meanwhile, add the shallots and 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - TASTES BETTER …
4.9/5 (31)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 268 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add pork chops and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, until browned and just barely cooked through (don't overcook or they will be tough).
JUICY MILK PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - BEST …
PORK CHOPS IN A CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH CAROLINA MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE
HONEY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
HOMEMADE SHAKE-&-BAKE PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
10 BEST SAUCES FOR PORK CHOPS TO MAKE THEM EVEN BETTER
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - RECIPE DETAILS
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK WITH MONKEY GLAND SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - GRACE …
PORK CHOP WITH CREAMY MUSTARD & GHERKINS SAUCE - YOUTUBE
PEACH-GLAZED PORK CHOP RECIPE - HOME CHEF
BBQ PORK CHOPS WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SMOKED PORK CHOPS MUSTARD - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE BY RICARDO | IGA …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pork #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #dietary #meat #pork-chops
Quick & Easy Autumn Comfort Food | Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce65.9K views-03:24
Pork Chop With Creamy Mustard & Gherkins Sauce | French Bistro Recipes290K views-12:04
Pork Chops With A Mustard Sauce | MasterChef UK189.8K views-03:07
Gordon Ramsay's Pan Seared Pork Chop363.8K views-04:28
Pork Chops in a Creamy Mustard Sauce – How to make Creamy mustard sauce and Pork Chops341 views-14:15
Pork Chops in Mustard Cream Sauce | Keto Recipes | Headbanger's Kitchen47.3K views-05:00
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make delicious mustard pork chops?InstructionsRemove the pork chops from the fridge and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes.Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutesBrush a layer of yellow mustard onto the pork chops. ...Place the pork chops into the air fryer basket, leaving room between each pork chop. ...While the pork chops are cooking, prepare the honey mustard. ... More items...
What spices go well with pork chops?What Herbs Go with Pork Chops?Thyme. Thyme has a lemony undertone that differentiates it from marjoram — thyme pairs wonderfully well with garlic, parsley, or sage.Ginger. You can either opt for fresh ginger or ground ginger. ...Garlic. It commonly believed that ginger goes with everything! ...Basil. ...Rosemary. ...
How long do you cook pork chops in a sauce?Pork Chops in Bourbon Whiskey Sauce - Mad River Distillers hot www.madriverdistillers.com. Once the pan is hot, add the seasoned pork chops to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side (a total of 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness of the pork).
What is the Best Pork Chop?Pork Chop CutsRib Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Cut from the lower loin, this is one of the best pork chops money can buy. ...Center-Cut Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Cut from the center loin this pork chop has both loin and tenderloin sections. ...Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. ...Sirloin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. ...Boneless Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. ...Shoulder Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. ...