- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, anchovies, and raisins, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in pine nuts.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta to the pan, and stir to combine. Moisten with pasta water as necessary. Stir in half the pecorino, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates, and top each with a dollop of ricotta, a handful of radicchio, and a sprinkling of the remaining pecorino.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608 g, Cholesterol 24 g, Fat 25 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 19 g
RADICCHIO CAESAR SALAD
This fragrant take on Caesar salad uses up an entire tin of anchovies and replaces the sweet romaine with gloriously bitter radicchio. For the dressing: Though you could use a raw egg yolk and slowly stream in oil while whisking constantly, relying on the already emulsifying qualities of store-bought mayonnaise gets you to creamy heights with less fuss. This salad does not keep well, so serve it immediately, while the radicchio is still plump and crunchy. There's no added salt in this recipe, as the many anchovies season both the bread crumbs and the dressing. But should your radicchio be especially bitter - pleasant though that flavor can be - feel free to add a pinch of salt to help tame the bitterness.
Provided by Eric Kim
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare the bread crumbs: Add all of the anchovy oil from the tin (about 2 tablespoons) to a large skillet. Transfer the anchovies from their tin to a cutting board, draining them well. Finely chop 2 anchovies and add to the skillet, then turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the anchovies, stirring occasionally, until they start to sizzle, about 1 minute. Stir in the bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until golden and toasted, 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make the dressing: Set aside 4 anchovies (for garnish later) and finely chop the rest (there should be about 6). Add the chopped anchovies to a large bowl, along with the garlic, olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan. Season generously with pepper and whisk to combine.
- Dress the salad: Add the radicchio leaves to the dressing and toss. The salad should be lightly dressed, not thickly caked. Taste for acidity, adjusting with more lemon juice if your radicchio is especially bitter. Transfer to a large plate, piling the leaves high. Top with a final grating of Parmesan and the bread crumbs, and garnish with the remaining anchovies. Serve immediately.
WARM PASTA SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS AND RADICCHIO
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté all mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon vinegar and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth and peas and simmer 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander and stir into mushroom mixture. Toss mixture and remove skillet from heat. In a large bowl whisk together mustard, remaining tablespoon oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar until blended. Add radicchio and toss to coat with dressing. Add pasta mixture and Parmesan and toss well.
RADICCHIO SALAD WITH ANCHOVY VINAIGRETTE
Salt is the best way to tame a bitter flavor, and so a radicchio salad benefits from a dressing that tilts toward saltiness. It does not matter which type of radicchio you use - the common tight round head, clusters of white stems with burgundy leaves, or maroon-trimmed endives to name a few - they all deliver some bitterness. The vinaigrette here is bolstered with anchovies and capers.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mash anchovies in a small bowl. Mix in vinegar until well blended. Whisk in oil, fold in capers and season with pepper.
- Place onions in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix. Fold in avocado, if using. Add radicchio. Gently toss salad. Divide among individual plates or serve at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 213, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 145 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "radicchio pasta salad recipes"
36 RADICCHIO RECIPES FOR SALADS, PASTAS, SAUTéS, AND …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Bitter Greens Salad with Melted Cheese. Baking a salad might make you nervous, but a quick moment in the oven will only wilt the greens slightly and yet melt the cheese so that it cloaks the greens nicely.
- Radicchio, Fennel, and Olive Panzanella. Thinly sliced hard salami helps turn this panzanella salad into a meal all on its own. Get This Recipe.
- Honeynut Squash With Radicchio and Miso. What’s a honeynut squash, you ask? It looks like a miniature butternut squash and has sweet, firm flesh that stands up to any cooking method.
- Chopped Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette, Feta, and Dill. Make this salad with whatever produce you’d like (such as blanched fava beans and asparagus in the spring); just make sure everything is cut to roughly the same size.
- Radicchio Salad With Caramelized Carrots and Onions. It's all about the contrast in flavors, textures, and colors in this hearty winter side. Get This Recipe.
RADICCHIO SALAD | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
5/5 (7)Calories 344 per servingCategory Salad
13 RADICCHIO RECIPES TO TRY ASAP
RADICCHIO AND ORZO PASTA SALAD RECIPE | DELICIOUS.
GRILLED RADICCHIO SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PASTA WITH RADICCHIO, BACON, AND WALNUTS - THE VIEW …
RADICCHIO SALAD RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
OUR 25 FAVORITE PASTA SALAD RECIPES FOR SUMMER - FOOD …
25 BEST RADICCHIO RECIPES FOR SALADS AND MORE - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published Jul 18, 2022Category Recipe Roundup
- Orange Radicchio Salad. As the weather warms up, it’s time to think about lighter meals. But that doesn’t mean sacrificing your love of hearty salads. I have you covered!
- Sauteed Radicchio. Searching for a healthy side dish to incorporate into your meals? Try this recipe! Sauteed radicchio is a great way to add color and texture to your meal.
- Grilled Radicchio Salad with Gorgonzola and Balsamic Vinaigrette. If you think that this is just another salad, you’re wrong. It’s so much more than a salad!
- Radicchio Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette. The first time I heard about charred radicchio salad, I was skeptical. It seemed like a bitter feast that my tastebuds wouldn’t like.
- Joshua McFadden’s Bitter Greens Salad with Melted Cheese. Don’t let the bitterness scare you off. You won’t regret this salad! It’s like a hug for your palate, but with more edge.
RADICCHIO RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPéTIT
OUT OF THIS WORLD ORZO PASTA SALAD RECIPE L PANNING THE GLOBE
COOK THIS: THREE RECIPES FROM MONTREAL RESTAURANT ELENA
REVIEW: TRYING POPULAR RECIPES FOR PASTA SALAD FROM CHEFS
RADICCHIO SALAD WITH MANCHEGO VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
EASY PASTA SALADS | KITCHN
RADICCHIO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RADICCHIO, BEAN, AND FETA SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE COMPLETE SALAD FREAK COOKBOOK: SALAD FOR LETTUCE LI…
ITALIAN RADICCHIO SALAD RECIPE WITH PARMESAN & OLIVES - PLATINGS
THESE 15 PENNE PASTA RECIPES WILL BECOME WEEKNIGHT DINNER …
You'll also love