STRAWBERRY GLAZE FOR DOUGHNUTS
- Whisk together the confectioners' sugar, jam, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl until well combined and smooth.
STRAWBERRY-LIME GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
- For the doughnuts: Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Use a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter or glass to trace 16 circles on the parchment, leaving equal space between each. Flip the parchment over and lightly coat with cooking spray. Fit a large pastry bag with a 1/2-inch round tip or snip a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of a large resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Pulverize the sugar and freeze-dried strawberries in a blender or food processor until no large pieces remain, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter and beat until combined (it will be crumbly). Beat in the whole egg and yolk until well combined and the mixture turns pale yellow, 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in the buttermilk, vanilla extract and strawberry extract until smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula until almost combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and fold in until just combined (do not overmix). Transfer the batter to the prepared pastry bag.
- Using the circles as a guide, pipe the batter into 2 1/2-inch rings. (If you have any leftover batter, pipe 1-inch round doughnut holes on a second sheet of parchment sprayed with nonstick spray.) Refrigerate while you heat up the shortening or oil.
- Heat the shortening or oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 340 degrees F. (You want to have at least 1 inch of liquid once the shortening melts; about 6 cups.) Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the parchment around each doughnut with kitchen shears, leaving a narrow border if possible. Carefully invert 4 of the doughnuts into the oil and peel off the parchment with tongs. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes total, flipping the doughnuts every 30 seconds to ensure even cooking. (Fry any doughnut holes for about 1 minute.) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on the wire rack. Bring the shortening back to 340 degrees F and repeat with the remaining doughnuts. Let the doughnuts cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Combine the confectioners' sugar, strawberry preserves, lime zest and lime juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth and the consistency is like thick glue.
- While the doughnuts are still warm, dip one at a time into the glaze, swirling as needed to coat the top. Return to the wire rack. Toss any doughnut holes in the glaze to coat completely and return to the wire rack. Let the glaze set, about 15 minutes.
Sick of the fake, overly sweet strawberry glaze sold at the grocery store? Give this easy recipe a try, you'll never go back to that artificial stuff again! Serve over pound cake with cut strawberries and whipped cream, or over vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Tracy McKibben
Categories Dessert Glaze Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Blend or puree the strawberries into a liquid.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water in a medium saucepan. Add strawberry puree and sugar and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just beginning to boil. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add butter and lemon juice; stir until butter has melted. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 45.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 1.9 mg, Fat 0.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 0.7 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
More about "strawberry glaze for doughnuts recipes"
STRAWBERRY FROSTED DONUTS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4/5 (2)Category DonutsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Spray donut pan (or muffin pan) with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry- just until fully combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip (or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off) to pipe the batter into a 6-donut pan. Fill the donut cavities about 2/3 full. Bake 8 to 11 minutes until donuts are set and golden brown. They will spring back when touched. Mine took exactly 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan, about 5 minutes. Dip donuts into strawberry frosting 1-3 times, depending on how thick you’d like them frosted. Top with sprinkles.
- Slice strawberries and puree with 1 Tbsp strawberry jam. Slowly stir in 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, adding more until you reached the desired consistency and coloring. I wanted thick frosting, so I added 2 cups. Donuts are best served immediately. Leftovers keep well covered tightly at room temperature for up to 2 days.
FRESH STRAWBERRY GLAZED BAKED DOUGHNUTS - FIFTEEN …
5/5 (12)Total Time 23 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 333 per serving
- In another bowl, whisk to combine the oil, milk, egg, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Add this liquid to the dry ingredients and whisk until the two are *just* combined. It’s okay if the batter is lumpy, as you don’t want to overstir and make the donuts tough.
- Evenly divide the batter into the six donut wells, which is about 2.5 tbsp per well. Bake for 13 minutes until a toothpick inserted into one of the donuts comes out cleanly (or rather, without any wetness).
STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUTS ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
Reviews 1Category Dessert RecipesCuisine Breakfast RecipeTotal Time 35 mins
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUTS - BUTTER …
5/5 (2)Total Time 26 mins
- Begin heating 3-4 cups canola oil on the stovetop over medium low heat. I like frying donuts in my cast iron skillet since it retains heat so well.
- Mix the butter and sugar together. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing in between additions. Add in milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Flour countertop liberally. Transfer dough onto flour and sprinkle top with additional flour. Knead for 2-3 minutes, adding flour in small amounts until dough is easier to handle and less sticky. (The dough will still be somewhat sticky, but manageable. One of the tricks to delicate, soft donuts is not over mixing/ over kneading and not adding in too much flour. Between sprinkling the countertop and the flour on the dough, you'll likely use an additional 1/4 cup of flour.)
STRAWBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS - SOUVLAKI FOR THE SOUL
KRISPY KREME REVIVES STRAWBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
GLAZED BAKED STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
GRANDS!™ STRAWBERRY-GLAZED DOUGHNUTS RECIPE
3 DOUGHNUT FROSTINGS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BAKED STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS - MARSHA'S BAKING …
BAKED STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS - COOKING CLASSY
VANILLA CAKE DONUTS WITH STRAWBERRY GLAZE - LOVE …
BAKED STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
KIM SCHOB ON TWITTER: "RT @YELLOWBLISSROAD: BAKED STRAWBERRY …
STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUT RECIPE - CONFESSIONS OF PARENTING- FUN …
STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS RECIPE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
BAKED STRAWBERRY DONUTS WITH GLAZE - MOM FOODIE
STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUTS - BAKE & BACON
BAKED STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUTS RECIPE - SUGAR AND SOUL
OLD-FASHIONED DONUTS (RECIPE WITH BUTTERMILK AND SOUR CREAM)
KRISPY KREME IS GIVING AWAY FREE DOZENS THIS WEEK - ALLRECIPES
BAKED STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUTS - 4 SONS 'R' US
You'll also love