- Pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a food processor 30 seconds to combine. Add butter. Pulse until butter pieces are the size of peas. Add buttermilk and almond extract; pulse until dough just comes together. Form dough into a disk, dusting lightly with flour. Cover in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Whisk egg white and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until frothy, about 1 minute. Add almonds, butter and almond extract. Whisk. Refrigerate.
- Peel and core pears, then cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick; toss in a bowl with lemon juice and zest.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly dust a sheet of parchment paper with flour; place dough on top and lightly dust with flour; top with another sheet of parchment and roll out dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Peel off top layer of parchment. Invert dough onto a baking sheet lined with third sheet of parchment. Trim around edges of dough. Spread cream over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange pear slices in concentric circles over cream. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Fold edges of dough over pears, crimping dough to enclose ends of pears. Evenly scatter bits of butter over top of filling. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and crust is golden. (Cover top with a sheet of foil if it begins to overbrown.) Remove; cover edges of tart with foil. Heat broiler. Glaze top of pears under broiler, about 6 inches from heat, 1 minute or until pears are golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Transfer (on parchment) to rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
ALMOND PEAR TART
I had never seen a "pie without a pan" until my daughter brought back this wonderful pear almond tart recipe from a Rotary Club exchange program in Belgium. It's still a family favorite after all these years. -Sherry LaMay, Capitan, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. , In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add pears and toss to coat. Spoon over the crust to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. , Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Using the parchment, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 100mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
APPLE~PEAR ALMOND GALETTE
Simple easy dessert. Always have ready crusts in my freezer, They save alot of time, and as Sandra Lee says they are just as delicious as homemade pie crust at about same price. I use for my sweet and savory dishes. So today I needed quick dessert for our cookout, pears and apples in frige so here we go!!
Provided by Lisa G. Sweet Pantry Gal
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. On lightly floured surface place one pie crust on top of other and roll out to 16in circle. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Spread crust with 1/4 cup preserves, leaving two inch border.
- 2. In mixing bowl combine sliced fruit, cin sugar, 2tbls flour lemon juice, ginger, and almonds. Transfer to pie crust leaving border. Fold over fruit mixture.
- 3. Brush with egg, sprinkle with sugar and bake at 350 til golden brown, 40-50min. Serve with freah whipped topping or icecream.
More about "almond pear galette recipes"
FRANGIPANE PEAR GALETTE RECIPE • UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Calories 297 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a medium sized bowl mix melted butter, sugar, almond flour, one egg, vanilla extract and all purpose flour. Set aside.
- Roll out the pie crust and spoon out the frangipane mixture onto the crust, leaving 2-3 inches border on all sides.
- Place the pear slices on the frangipane and make sure they're close to each other. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the pears.
EASY-FANCY PEAR GALETTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (2)Servings 8-12
PEAR ALMOND GALETTE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
RUSTIC PEAR GALETTE | OREGONIAN RECIPES - OREGONLIVE.COM
ALMOND-PEAR GALETTE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
ALMOND-PEAR GALETTE RECIPE | SELF
Servings 8Calories 268 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
MINI PEAR ALMOND GALETTES - A SIDE OF SWEET
MINI ALMOND PEAR GALETTES | TRUFFLES AND TRENDS
CINNAMON PEAR GALETTE WITH ALMOND CRUST | GOOD LIFE EATS
ALMOND PEAR GALETTE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PEAR ALMOND GALETTE - THE FAUX MARTHA
PEAR ALMOND GALETTE - PERFECT FOR FALL AND HOLIDAY GATHERINGS
PEAR GALETTE WITH ALMOND FRANGIPANE — AMANDA FREDERICKSON
THE MOST DECADENT (& EASY!) PEAR ALMOND GALETTE — CIDERPRESS LANE
KING ARTHUR'S ALMOND GALETTE RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ALMOND HALVA PEAR GALETTE - PISTACHIODOUGHNUT
PEAR AND ALMOND GALETTE | COOKSTR.COM
ALMOND-PEAR GALETTE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
PEACH AND ALMOND GALETTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PEAR AND ALMOND GALETTE - THE BAKING WIZARD
Make A Perfect Pear Galette With Exceptional Ease | Bon Appétit63.8K views-07:25
Mini pear almond galettes.1.4K views-00:16
The Best Peach Galette Recipe - Easy Summer Dessert168.9K views-10:21
Sugar Spice Pear Galette128.6K views-01:33
How to Make a Pear Galette17.4K views-02:24
You'll also love