FIESTA BEEF & CHEESE SKILLET COBBLER
I tweaked my beefy skillet cobbler until it achieved the wow factor. I must have gotten it right, as it's now a family tradition. Top it off with lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream. -Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro., In a bowl, combine baking mix, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon and remaining cilantro. Add milk and beaten egg; stir just until a soft dough is formed. Spoon over beef mixture., Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 18g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 949mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
BEEF IN ALE WITH CHEESE COBBLER
Make and share this Beef in Ale With Cheese Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Brookelynne26
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- To make the casserole: In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the beef in the flour mixture and set aside. Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft but not browned. Add the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Add the carrots and celery and stir to coat. Stir in the ale, stock or broth, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the meat and vegetables are tender and the sauce starts to thicken. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish.
- To make the cobbler: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Sift the flour and mustard into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Add the butter, and pulse 4 to 5 times, or until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese, Tabasco, and 1/2 cup water. Process for 8 to 10 seconds, or until a soft dough forms. Add more water, if necessary. Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Roll it out to 1/2-inch thickness. With a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Arrange the rounds on top of the meat mixture, overlapping in a decorative pattern. Brush the tops of the cobbler with the milk. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mixture is heated through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 666.2, Fat 41.2, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 98.4, Sodium 929.9, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2.6, Protein 25.6
THANE PRINCE'S GLUTEN-FREE BEEF COBBLER
A delicious meat dish made all the better by being gluten-free
Provided by Thane Prince
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the carrot, celery and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Mix in the mince, breaking it up with a spoon. Cook, stirring often, until the meat is browned. Add the thyme, tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire sauce and parsley, and season to taste. Cover tightly and simmer for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and rub in the butter. Add the cheese and herbs, then the yogurt, and mix to a soft dough. Turn out on to a lightly floured board and knead lightly. Roll to about 1cm/1⁄2in thick and cut out 9 rounds.
- Tip the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish. Casually arrange the dough circles on top of the mince and brush with egg or milk. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the topping is risen and golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 997 calories, Fat 57 grams fat, SaturatedFat 26 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 81 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.2 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 47 grams protein, Sodium 1.98 milligram of sodium
More about "beef in ale with cheese cobbler recipes"
BEEF COBBLER WITH CHEESY HERBY SCONES RECIPE - THE DORSET MEAT …
- To make the stew, toss the beef in flour, season, and then seal in a hot pan with the oil in batches, until crispy and brown. Add to your large casserole dish.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Next, sweat the onions, carrots, garlic, celery and leek in oil until softened and lightly coloured. Then stir through the tomato puree, and add the vegetables to the casserole.
- Cover with a well-fitting lid, and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring regularly. For the last 20 minutes, remove the lid to allow the gravy to reduce to a slightly thicker consistency if necessary.
- Whilst the stew is cooking, prepare the scones. Mix the flour, salt and Rosemary in a bowl, and add half of the cheese. Mix gently, slowly adding the milk, until you form a nice soft dough, neither dry nor wet.
BEEF COBBLER WITH CHEDDAR AND ROSEMARY SCONES RECIPE
Cuisine BritishCategory Main CourseServings 6
BEEF & BEER: PAIRING TIPS FOR THE ULTIMATE TEAM
BRAISED BEEF IN ALE WITH MUSTARD SCONE TOPPING RECIPE
BEEF COBBLER WITH LE GRUYèRE AOP SCONES RECIPE
BEEF COBBLER RECIPE | GOODTO
BEEF COBBLER RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
MINCED BEEF AND CHEESE COBBLER - BIGOVEN.COM
BEEF IN ALE WITH CHEESE COBBLER - FOOD IRELAND IRISH …
BEEF COBBLER WITH CHEDDAR SCONES - SAVVY BITES
CHEESY BEEF COBBLER - JULES OF THE KITCHEN
BEEF SHIN AND BLUE CHEESE COBBLER RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Main CourseServings 6
EASY BEEF IN BEER - TASTY BEEF AND ALE STEW RECIPE FOR A FAMILY …
RECIPE THIS | SLOW COOKER MINCED BEEF COBBLER
HEARTY BEEF COBBLER WITH CHEESY SCONES - FOODLE CLUB
8 BEST BEEF AND BEER RECIPES
COBBLER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
COBBLER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: TAP ROOM RESTAURANT BEEF IN ALE WITH CHEESE COBBLER ...
PEACH COBBLER POUND CAKE RECIPE (WITH CREAM CHEESE) | KITCHN
BEEF, ALE AND HORSERADISH COBBLER | RECIPES | NATIONAL TRUST
Beef & Ale Cobbler #cooking #homecooked #satisfying6.2K views-07:27
~LUXURY STEAK IN ALE WITH CHEESE COBBLERS~ || £3 || Iceland || Food Review1.6K views-07:00
How to Make Pub-Style Steak and Ale Pie134.9K views-10:52
Marco Pierre White recipe for Steak and ale pie1.4M views-03:41
Minced Beef Cobbler with Cheesy Scones7.1K views-09:14
You'll also love