BEER BRATWURST AND CABBAGE
Make and share this Beer Bratwurst and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chef Kiddle
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Poke holes in the beer bratwurst and pre-cook the package in the microwave for about 4 minutes. (This gets alot of the grease out.) After pre-cooking, cut the bratwurst into 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- Put onions, bell peppers, and cabbage in a pot with oil. Cover and cook on medium for about 30 minutes. Check it often and stir.
- Add bratwurst, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 20 minutes. Serve.
- (**Use the Del Monte tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano.).
ONE-PAN BRATS AND CABBAGE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and heat until shimmering.
- Carefully place the brats in the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Add apple juice and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the skillet and cook until the sausages are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Remove the sausages and set aside, leaving any cooking liquids in the skillet.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have softened and browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the coleslaw mix, apple cider vinegar, caraway seeds and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the coleslaw is wilted, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the sliced apples and let cook until warmed through, another 2 minutes.
- Return the cooked sausages to the skillet and serve.
BEER-BRAISED BRATWURST WITH CABBAGE
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add bratwurst and cook, turning, until browned on all sides. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Add beer, cabbage, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with cornbread.
BEER-SIMMERED BRATWURST WITH ONIONS AND RED CABBAGE SAUERKRAUT
- Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the onion slices and garlic along the bottom of a medium stockpot. Place the bratwurst on top and then add the beer, water, coriander, caraway, mustard seeds, and ginger. Bring to a simmer over the grill grates or on a burner. Simmer the sausages in the mixture for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the bratwurst sit in the liquid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sausages with a pair of tongs onto a platter. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Grill the sausages until the casings are crisp and golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the bratwurst on the buns with the onions, mustard and sauerkraut, if desired. Garnish with pickles, pickled beets, and pickled eggs, if desired.
- Preheat grill to high. In a medium saucepan, combine the oil, vinegar, water, and sugar over medium heat, and cook until the sugar has melted. Add the mustard seeds, garlic, and cabbage, and cook until the cabbage is soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
BEER GLAZED GRILLED BRATWURST WITH WILTED RED CABBAGE SLAW
- Put the bratwurst, beer, 1 cup water, the caraway, coriander, mustard seeds, onions and ginger in a medium stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Cover, remove from the heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Transfer the brats to a bowl. Strain the cooking liquid into another bowl, and discard the solids.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat, add the cabbage and toss to coat. Add 1 cup of the strained bratwurst liquid, and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the honey, the vinegar and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and cook another 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat the grill to high, with direct and indirect heat. Grill the sausages over direct heat until the casings are crisp and golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the brats to indirect heat, cover the grill, and cook another 5 minutes.
- While the brats cook, whisk the mustard, the remaining 2 tablespoons honey, some salt and pepper and a few tablespoons of the bratwurst liquid in a small bowl; the mixture should be syrupy. When the sausage are done, remove them to a platter and brush with the glaze.
- Split the hoagie rolls and grill cut-side down until toasted, about 30 seconds. Put a brat in each roll and top with some cabbage, then serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate.
- Combine the beer and onions in a large pot; bring to a boil. Submerge the bratwurst in the beer; add the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook another 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bratwurst from the beer mixture; reduce heat to low, and continue cooking the onions.
- Cook the bratwurst on the preheated grill, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with the beer mixture as a topping or side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1030.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
CABBAGE AND BRATS
Sausage shows up on the table often at Melanie Jones' place. "I make this simple stir-fried supper about every other week," she pens from Springfield, Illinois. Soy sauce and garlic powder add flavor to each bite of turkey bratwurst.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm., Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 16g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 929mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEER BRATS WITH CABBAGE KRAUT
This is a wonderful dish for those cold winter nights. It's great for Oktoberfest, pot-luck dinners, sports tailgating, and camping. Simple to prepare, easy on a budget, and keeps for several days in the fridge.
Provided by 2Bleu
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place bratwursts on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked thru.
- Meanwhile, In a large pot, on medium heat, add 2 cups water, the cabbage, vinegar, fennel and mustard seed, bay leaf, and salt. Simmer about 45 minutes till cabbage is soft.
- Add the cooked brats, potatoes, and beer. Season with more salt if desired. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with dijon mustard, a hearty loaf of rye bread and butter, and cold beer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2539, Fat 199.9, SaturatedFat 68.9, Cholesterol 503.2, Sodium 7557.5, Carbohydrate 72, Fiber 10.6, Sugar 10.1, Protein 101.9
BRATWURST AND RED CABBAGE
- Prick bratwurst in several places with a knife and place in a large skillet. Add oil and half of beer, then add water until liquid comes a little over halfway up sides of sausages. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, turning once, until just barely cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; cook until liquid is evaporated, 5-10 minutes. Roll sausages to edge of skillet and add onion to center. Cook, turning sausages often and stirring onion occasionally, until sausages are browned and onion is soft, 5-8 minutes. Transfer sausages to a plate.
- Add cabbage and beet to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, allspice, and remaining beer. Cover; cook until tender, 20-25 minutes. Serve sausages with cabbage mixture, topped with horseradish.
More about "beer bratwurst and cabbage recipes"
BEER BRATWURSTS WITH ONIONS AND GRILLED CABBAGE
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 6Total Time 35 mins
- Heat a oil large skillet with tall sides (you can also use a pot) over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the onions are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Place cabbage in a single layer across a platter or baking sheet. Brush both sides of the cabbage with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
SHEET PAN BEER BRAISED BRATS AND CABBAGE - GIRL CARNIVORE
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory SandwichPublished Sep 30, 2019
BEER BRATS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEER BRATS - THE PIONEER …
10 BEST BRATWURST CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST CABBAGE WRAPPED BRATS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE …
CARAMELIZED ONION & SMOKY BEER BRATWURST WITH BRAISED RED …
BRATWURST COOKED IN BEER WITH SMOTHERED CABBAGE
BRATWURST AND RED CABBAGE | RECIPE | BRATWURST RECIPES, RED
BRATWURST AND RED CABBAGE - STRESS BAKING
BEER-BRAISED BRATWURST & ONIONS (“BEER BRATS”) - ONCE …
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - IAN KNAUER
SMOKED BRATWURSTS WITH BEER-BRAISED CABBAGE & ONIONS
BEER BRATS WITH BRAISED RED CABBAGE - HEY GRILL, HEY
BRAISED BRATWURST AND CABBAGE | PAULA DEEN
DUMP-AND-BAKE BRATWURST RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
BRATWURST WITH BEER-BRAISED CABBAGE - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pork #vegetables #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #4-hours-or-less
Beer Braised Bratwurst and Cabbage - Martha Stewart9.3K views-05:10
Easy One Pot Beer Brats | SAM THE COOKING GUY 4K412.9K views-03:53
Grill Dome Kamados - Beer Brats with Spiced Apple Cabbage1.1K views-09:59
Beer Braised Bratwurst and Onions22.5K views-03:00
You'll also love