MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
THE BEST MEATLOAF
We opted for an all-beef meatloaf rather than the traditional mix of beef, veal and pork because we wanted that satisfying big beef flavor. Milk adds richness and tenderizes the meat, preventing it from getting tough or dry. We also cook the onion instead of adding it raw as many recipes suggest, which imparts a welcome sweetness and eliminates that harsh raw onion flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl until completely combined. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender and lightly golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the ketchup and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated and the mixture is thick and brick red colored, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the onions cool slightly. Then add them to the beaten eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the beef to the egg and onion mixture. Break up the meat with a fork or wooden spoon, and then mix to thoroughly combine; you don't want to see any lumps of raw beef. Add the panko and mix to combine. Stir the meat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 7 seconds; it will become more homogenous and tackier.
- Transfer the meat to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 9-by-5-inch loaf. Smooth the top and evenly spread the remaining ketchup over top. Bake for 5 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 150 degrees F, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Nothing says classic comfort like Ina Garten's Meatloaf recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meat loaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meat loaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meat loaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
EASY CLASSIC MEAT LOAF
"My mother made this tender, moist meat loaf at least every other week-and always served it with scalloped potatoes. It was one of my favorite meals growing up." You'll be amazed by all the flavor from just a handful of pantry ingredients! Helen Lipko - Martinsburg, PA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 679mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "home style meatloaf recipes"
HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF | PAULA DEEN
OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CLASSIC HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY MEATLOAF - DELISH
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
I MADE INA GARTEN'S CLASSIC MEAT LOAF RECIPE FOR DINNER …
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (38)Uploaded Nov 3, 2020Category Main CoursePublished Nov 2, 2020
TRADITIONAL MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntreesServings 8
GRANDPA’S MOST REQUESTED FATHER’S DAY RECIPES - SOUTHERN LIVING
MELBA WILSON SHARES TWO CLASSIC COMFORT FOOD RECIPES - TODAY
READER GIVES MEATLOAF RECIPE A WESTERN TWIST - DEAR ABBY
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF WITH MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
READER GIVES MEATLOAF RECIPE A WESTERN TWIST
STUFFED MEATLOAF - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
DEAR ABBY: A MEATLOAF RECIPE FOR DINNER TONIGHT AND LUNCH …
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
HOME STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
16 BEST GROUND TURKEY RECIPES - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
DEAR ABBY | READER GIVES MEATLOAF RECIPE A WESTERN TWIST
How To Make Home Style Meatloaf - I Heart Recipes164.4K views-07:51
Boston Market home-style Meatloaf | Recipe Hack18.9K views-01:51
Home-Style Meatloaf | Betty Crocker Recipe11.9K views-01:01
Classic Family Meatloaf Recipe645.5K views-05:32
HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE | How To Make Meatloaf299.3K views-11:52
How to Make Italian Meatloaf120.1K views-08:58
You'll also love