PO CAMPO/PORK CARNITAS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings po campo (plus additional pork carnitas)
Number Of Ingredients 31
- For the po campo/pork carnitas: Start by heating the lard in large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until lightly colored. Add the salt, chili powder, dried cilantro, dried oregano, granulated garlic, paprika, pepper, cumin and cinnamon to the pork and stir. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Strain the fat from the liquid, put the pork back into the pot and add the orange juice and milk. Simmer until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- For the po campo assembly: Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Brush a tortilla with some of the whisked egg. Add 5 ounces of the pork carnitas, 2 ounces of the cheese and 4 ounces of the potatoes. Then fold in the sides and roll into a cylinder. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, carnitas, cheese and potatoes. Let stand 5 minutes, then fry until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Serve with Fire-Roasted Salsa and Queso/Cheese Sauce.
- Slice the tomatoes and onion into 1-inch rounds. De-stem the jalapeño and trim the green onions. Roast the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, green onions and garlic on a metal rack over an open flame until the vegetables are charred on all sides.
- Heat a saucepot over medium heat. Add the charred vegetables to the saucepot and simmer until the vegetables are broken down, about 30 minutes. Then add the cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. Puree with a hand blender until smooth. Serve with Mexican-inspired dishes or anything you want to jazz up.
- Combine the cheese, beer, milk and salsa in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. Thin with more milk if necessary or desired. Great with chips, tacos or hot dogs.
Make and share this Pork Carnitas recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Food.com
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat up the lard for about 10 minutes in a large stock pot.
- Put in the meat. Make sure each piece of meat is cut open and simmer for one hour.
- Pour on the lime juice and leave for 30 minutes.
- Put the sugar in a pot and heat until caramelized. Stir and pour on top of the meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5093.3, Fat 470, SaturatedFat 181.3, Cholesterol 872.9, Sodium 41840.1, Carbohydrate 49.7, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 43.9, Protein 156.2
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS
© 2014 Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. Carnitas are the perfect self-serve party food. Although the dish is normally cooked with milk and served in tortillas topped with sour cream and cheese, this paleo version substitutes with almond milk and lettuce wraps and is garnished with avocado slices, red onion and fresh cilantro. Best of all, a slow cooker allows you to set it up before work and come back to a ready-made dinner party. Guests will love this make-your-own dish.
Provided by Turner Broadcasting
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Generously sprinkle the pork shoulder with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet set over high heat. Sear the meat on all sides until deeply browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork to a slow cooker. Add the almond milk, broth, oregano, garlic, carrots, celery, bay leaves, lemon peel and onions. Set the slow cooker to low, then cover and cook until the meat can be easily pulled apart with a fork, 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a work surface and use two forks to shred the meat. Strain the cooking liquid and reserve. Transfer the pork to a serving platter, then ladle the cooking liquid over the meat and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place the avocado slices, lettuce leaves, half of the lime wedges, the cilantro sprigs and red onion slices on a platter. Squeeze the remaining lime wedge over the avocados to prevent discoloration. Have guests build their own carnitas lettuce wraps.
More about "paleo party pork carnitas recipes"
PORK CARNITAS | PALEO LEAP
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
36 PERFECT PALEO PORK RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION
PALEO CRISPY PORK CARNITAS - PALEOISH
MELT-IN YOUR MOUTH CARNITAS - PALEO GRUBS
SLOW COOKER PORK CARNITAS | PALEO LEAP
16 EASY SLOW COOKER PALEO PORK CARNITAS RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SLOW COOKER PORK CARNITAS (MEXICAN PULLED PORK) PALEO, WHOLE30
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS [VIDEO] | RECIPE [VIDEO] | HEALTHY RECIPES ...
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS | RECIPE | PORK CARNITAS RECIPE, FOOD, …
CROCKPOT CARNITAS WITH PORK TENDERLOIN OR LOIN (PALEO, WHOLE30)
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS | RECIPE | PORK CARNITAS RECIPE, PORK ...
EASY INSTANT POT CARNITAS RECIPE | THE PALEO CHARMED LIFE
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS – RECIPES NETWORK
15 BEST TOPPINGS FOR PORK CARNITAS TACOS - SELECTED RECIPES
INSTANT POT PORK CARNITAS LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE (PALEO | WHOLE30)
15 WHAT TO PUT ON PORK CARNITAS - SELECTED RECIPES
PALEO PARTY PORK CARNITAS | PUNCHFORK
CARNITAS (MEXICAN PULLED PORK) - NOSHTASTIC
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PORK CARNITAS (PALEO, WHOLE 30) - YOUTUBE
INSTANT POT CARNITAS - PALEOMG
#main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #pork #dietary #gluten-free #free-of-something #meat #number-of-servings
You'll also love