BAKED FISH AND CHIPS
Baking fish and chips is not only easier and less messy than frying, but it also has the distinct advantage of allowing you to cook both fish and potatoes at the same time in your oven. The key to getting the crunchiest fries is to cut them thin (leave the skin on for extra flavor) and spread them out in one layer onto a preheated sheet pan to jump-start the crisping. (If you want to save a few minutes, start the potatoes in the oven while you prepare the fish.) We've paired this dish with a piquant horseradish tartar sauce, but ketchup works well, too, particularly for the grade-school set.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, finger foods, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the horseradish tartar sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the fish and chips: Arrange 2 oven racks in the top and bottom third of the oven. Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the lower rack and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil. Stir in panko, thyme, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until crumbs are evenly dark golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer immediately to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mustard and eggs. Place flour in a third bowl.
- Grease an oven-safe wire rack with oil and place it over another rimmed baking sheet. Season fish with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge each piece of fish in the flour, then mustard mixture, then panko mixture, making sure it is well coated with each one before moving to the next. Transfer fish to the wire rack. (You can bread the fish up to 4 hours ahead; store in the refrigerator, uncovered, either on the rack or just on a plate.)
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, the remaining 4 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Carefully spread potatoes out on the preheated baking sheet and return to oven's lower rack. Roast until slightly golden and crispy, tossing after 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees and transfer the second pan, with the fish still on the wire rack, to oven's top rack. Bake until fish is flaky and golden and potatoes are well browned and tender, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Salt fish and potatoes immediately after removing from oven. Serve hot, with tartar sauce alongside for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 917, UnsaturatedFat 39 grams, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1097 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BAKED TILAPIA WITH TOMATOES AND POTATOES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray; add the potatoes and spread in an even layer. Roast until browned and crisp, tossing halfway through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon thyme in a bowl. Coat another baking sheet with cooking spray; add the tomato mixture and spread in an even layer. Roast until softened, 15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl; brush on the fish. Place the fish on top of the roasted tomato mixture and return to the oven until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Divide among plates and serve with the potatoes.
UNCLE BILL'S DEEP FRIED TILAPIA FISH
A very simple, easy to prepare and a tasty recipe. I have been trying out various recipes and finally came up with this recipe that does a great job for tilapia or halibut fish.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper; set aside.
- Rinse fish fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into 1 inch wide by about 4 inches long pieces; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add beer and beaten egg and whisk until well blended and the batter is light, smooth and quite thin (like whipping cream).
- In a medium size saucepan or a frying pan, heat oil to 350°F.
- Dredge fish pieces in the flour mixture.
- Drop the floured fish pieces into the batter to coat, then lift out with tongs and let the excess batter drip off.
- Drop the battered fish into the hot oil and cook for about 1 minute, turn over and cook for an additional 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Do not overcook.
- Remove from oil onto paper towels to absorb any excess cooking oil.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2353.8, Fat 224.7, SaturatedFat 18.2, Cholesterol 206.5, Sodium 920.5, Carbohydrate 34.9, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 1.2, Protein 53.3
More about "tilapia fish and chips recipes"
TILAPIA FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 50 minsCalories 620 per serving
6 KID-FRIENDLY RECIPES MADE WITH TILAPIA - THE HEALTHY …
NIGERIAN FISH RECIPES ARCHIVE - ALL NIGERIAN RECIPES
CRISPY AIR FRYER FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE - SAVORY THOUGHTS
TORTILLA CRUSTED TILAPIA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-MexTotal Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 556 per serving
- Combine the corn tortillas, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, onion powder and garlic powder in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until the tortillas are ground into coarse crumbs. Transfer the tortilla crumbs to a dinner plate.
- Crack the eggs into a wide, shallow bowl and beat with a fork until blended. Place the flour on a dinner plate. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set up an assembly line with the flour first, the beaten eggs second, the tortilla crumbs third, and the baking sheet fourth.
- Lightly season the tilapia with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Working with one fillet at a time, dredge in the flour mixture, shaking excess over the plate so just a light coating remains; dip in the eggs and turn to coat evenly, letting any excess drip off so just a light coating remains; then dredge in the tortilla crumbs, turning to coat evenly. Place the breaded fillets on the lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook (this can be done several hours ahead of time).
BEER BATTERED TILAPIA FISH AND CHIPS - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
3.8/5 (22)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 280 per serving
- Pour the canola oil into a deep pan or pot and place over a medium heat. The oil should be about 2 inches deep.
TILAPIA FISH AND CHIPS WITH CRUNCHY COLESLAW RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch strips, arrange them on the baking sheet and drizzle them with the vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning half way, until they are cooked through and starting to get crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and red onion. Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, the freshly ground pepper and the club soda.
- In a medium pot, heat 3 inches of cooking oil over medium high heat. When the temperature reaches 300° lower the heat to medium and let the oil heat to 350°.
BREADED PAN-FRIED TILAPIA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BLACKENED TILAPIA SANDWICH POTATO WEDGES & SPICY KETCHUP
55 DELICIOUS FISH RECIPES FOR LENT - MSN
CRISPY TILAPIA FINGERS WITH LEMON & GARLIC MAYONNAISE
AIR FRYER FISH AND CHIPS – COOKIN' WITH MIMA
23 BEST TILAPIA RECIPES (+ EASY DINNER IDEAS) - INSANELY GOOD
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FISH FILLETS - TYPES, RECIPES, AND TIPS
HOME - ROCKFISH SEAFOOD GRILL
TILAPIA FISH AND CHIPS – RECIPES NETWORK
10 TILAPIA RECIPES EVERYONE WILL LOVE – A COUPLE COOKS
VEGAN FISH RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
AIR FRYER TILAPIA RECIPE (AKA HEALTHY, EASY FISH & CHIPS)
OUR MENU - RUBY TUESDAY
BAKED TILAPIA RECIPE WITH CRISPY TOPPING - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST FISH & CHIPS NEAR WOODBRIDGE, VA 22191 - YELP
You'll also love